My Venture 222 - Loving this boat

A forum for discussing topics relating to older MacGregor/Venture sailboats.
cookwithgas
Chief Steward
Sailboat: Venture 25

Re: My Venture 222 - Loving this boat

Post by cookwithgas »

Catigale wrote:Aubrey...from your pic of the boat on the trailer it looks like your bowsprit swings over the pickup bed when trailering..is t hat right?

That would be important for someone with an SuV contemplating that mod...they might have clearance troubles....
Yes - the bowsprit would be a problem if you tried to haul the boat on the trailer the way it is. If it became a problem I'd just extend the trailer tongue. I've already done that once. I could always get out my sawzall in a pinch! I lower the tailgate while launching and retrieving for visibility and to make sure the bowsprit does not hit the top of the tailgate.

Oh - and the headliner inside the boat is an outdoor fabric I got from Jo-Ann Fabrics. It used to be dark blue shag carpet. Shagadelic Baby.

Aubrey Scott in Texas
vizwhiz
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26S

Re: My Venture 222 - Loving this boat

Post by vizwhiz »

cookwithgas wrote:Oh - and the headliner inside the boat is an outdoor fabric I got from Jo-Ann Fabrics. It used to be dark blue shag carpet. Shagadelic Baby.
Thanks! Found your posting about it in the mod section the other night...looks really good! (Does anyone else know how domestic you are?) :D