How to lock cabin hatch.

A forum for discussing topics relating to older MacGregor/Venture sailboats.

Moderators: Catigale, Heath_Mod, beene, Hamin' X, kmclemore, tangentair

seahouse
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M
Location: Niagara at Lake Erie, Ontario. 2011 MacM, 60 hp E-Tec

Re: How to lock cabin hatch.

Post by seahouse » Wed May 25, 2016 11:11 pm

NiceAft wrote:Here we go again :D

Michael,

If somebody wants in; hinge up or down, covered, not covered, they will get in, it' only surrounded by fiberglass. Berber Boy had an engine stolen off of his boat. Does one think those people couldn't overcome some rinkydink hasp. :P

The hasp just prevents the hatch from sliding when trailering, and little else. Whatever peace of mind you get by kidding yourself that up or down really makes a difference, DO :!: Let's not get sucked into a p*ssing contest of right and wrong ways. The only wrong way is not installing something.

Ray
I think you misunderstood my post Ray. To give advice and answer the question from the original post the best I can is what I (and everybody) did, sorry if that offended you, I'm not in any contest, that was not my intent. If the OP is installing from scratch, why not install it the way it was intended and cover the screws, it takes no more work, time, or expense, and results in improved security.

It is at the very least a point to be aware of and worth considering.

NiceAft
Admiral
Location: Upper Dublin,PA, USA: 2005M 50hp.Honda4strk.,1979 Phantom Sport Sailboat, 9'Achilles 6HP Merc 4strk

Post by NiceAft » Thu May 26, 2016 5:52 am

Not offended in any way.

This is the disadvantage of written communication. One can't determine voice inflection, or facial expression. That is why I used the laughing emoticon.

All is good. Never an intent to attack and offend. I attribute it all to my ineffective writing skills.

Ray

seahouse
Admiral
Location: Niagara at Lake Erie, Ontario. 2011 MacM, 60 hp E-Tec

Post by seahouse » Thu May 26, 2016 9:52 am

NiceAft wrote:Not offended in any way.

This is the disadvantage of written communication. One can't determine voice inflection, or facial expression. That is why I used the laughing emoticon.

All is good. Never an intent to attack and offend. I attribute it all to my ineffective writing skills.

Ray
Ditto. Awesome Ray! 8)