Towing and Launching as a Service??

A forum for discussing issues relating to trailers and towing MacGregor sailboats.
prishi
Chief Steward
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Towing and Launching as a Service??

Post by prishi »

Hello folks,

I've done a few launches, doing the 20 mile trip to the river every Spring, using U-haul trucks. However, I am considering getting this done with someone in assistance so that combined situational awareness can help the overall awareness.

Does anyone know of such a service in and around NY/NJ region? Boat would be splashed in the Hudson River, Rockland County.

Thanks!

Prateek Rishi
Catigale
Site Admin
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X
Location: Admiral .............Catigale 2002X.......Lots of Harpoon Hobie 16 Skiffs....Island 17

Re: Towing and Launching as a Service??

Post by Catigale »

I'm a bit upstream of you in Albany but if you spending a season in a slip I could come down one weekend and help out? We also have a couple of active members in the Hudson valley closer, too.
Mark
Sailboat: Other

Post by Mark »

I'd suggest investigating some local clubs , either Power Squadron if any are around, or local sailing/motoring clubs and just find someone who you can ply with beer after the fact. Knowing someone with a truck is priceless if you get some damage on a Saturday and need to haul the boat pronto.
prishi
Chief Steward
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Post by prishi »

@Catigale
@Mark

Thanks! I have other issues I've discovered that keep me on the hard for a while. I am a member of the Nyack Boat Club and will be able to get hands to help from there.