We're back in business! Got questions?

The more family-friendly room of the Pub. General discussion of topics which don't fit into one of the other fora, not necessarily sailing-related. No political or religious discussions.

Moderators: Catigale, Pub Moderators

Forum rules
No politics or religion discussed here. Posts violating this policy may be arbitrarily deleted or moved to the Back Room.
Heath
Site Admin
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X

Re: We're back in business! Got questions?

Post by Heath » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:05 am

It could be your browsers cookie settings. Some browsers have options to delete all cookies when you close the browser, please see if that is set. I routinely log in from several different machines and I have no problem with it "remembering" me. Just now fired up the browser on my work machine and I was logged in automatically. Sounds to me like something in your settings.

Heath

Frank C

Post by Frank C » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:39 pm

My Opera browser isn't giving me any of these issues.
I've not been logged-out, and not found any problems with the feature that sorts all new posts.

Captain Steve
Captain

Post by Captain Steve » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:55 pm

I use Safari on my MAc....had those logging issues to I emptied my cache. No more problem!!

James V
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Post by James V » Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:36 pm

I refreshed the site's home page and the new post came to view.

I am saving site cookies. Must be something else with Windows Internet Explorer or firewall somewhere.

Love MACs
Captain
Location: Eddyville, KY; 2002 X, 50hp Merc-4 stroke: Dream Chaser

Post by Love MACs » Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:13 pm

I canned Windows IE long ago and now use Mozilla Firefox, which is much friendlier and less controlling of your system!

Allan

James V
Admiral

Post by James V » Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:45 am

Where is the "automatic refresh page when visiting" in Windows IE?

RandyMoon
Captain
Location: Rockwall, TX Lake Ray Hubbard 2005M #0690 L405 Tohatsu TLDI 90 (Rhapsody in Blue)

Post by RandyMoon » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:26 pm

Hi Kevin.... I have been off board for awhile.... it looks like the board has had some major reconstructive surgery... I like it. I am seeing some really good improvements.

Sailing in Kansas has been really weird this year. It is either extreme wind that makes me scream like a little girl, or no wind.

Yesterday, our club had a progressive dinner where each of the 5 docks in our marina fixed one course of a dinner. Competetion. When the horn sounded, hundreds of people from one dock to another. Started with phenominal h'orderves. Everytime the horn sounded the crowd went to the next course. Our dock had the desert phase. My wife makes killer chocolate chip cookies. We were ready to die at the end, but went out for a moon light sail.

While on the moon light sail, we noticed holes in the jib where it has rubbed on the safety line. So I am seaching for some wisdom on patching sails.

kmclemore
Site Admin
Location: Ambler, PA -- MACX2018A898 w/ Tohatsu 50D -- 78 BW Harpoon 4.6 -- 2018 Tahoe 550TF w/ 150 Merc

Post by kmclemore » Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:08 pm

Ah. Well, Randy, that's not quite the type of question I was talking about - I was looking more for questions about the new formatting and such.

But, in answer to your question, Graham earlier posted about a sail repair kit and instructions. See his posting here: http://macgregorsailors.com/forum/viewt ... 315#p30315

Paul S
Site Admin
Sailboat: Other

Post by Paul S » Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:59 pm

Heath wrote:It could be your browsers cookie settings. Some browsers have options to delete all cookies when you close the browser, please see if that is set. I routinely log in from several different machines and I have no problem with it "remembering" me. Just now fired up the browser on my work machine and I was logged in automatically. Sounds to me like something in your settings.

Heath
Dunno. Only use windows IE on XP (3 PCs at home and 2 w2k+2XP machines at work with IE) and they all require me to log in if I navigate from this forum. Played with the cookies, temp files, etc. No go...at least with every computer I have access to.

I have no issue on our site (ne-ts) with users using IE using phpbb. I come back days later and it remembers me.

If the forum should be used with something other than IE it should be noted somewhere.

Hamin' X
Site Admin
Location: Hermiston, OR-----------2001 26X DF-50 Suz---------------(Now Sold)

Post by Hamin' X » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:44 pm

Paul S wrote:Dunno. Only use windows IE on XP (3 PCs at home and 2 w2k+2XP machines at work with IE) and they all require me to log in if I navigate from this forum. Played with the cookies, temp files, etc. No go...at least with every computer I have access to.

I have no issue on our site (ne-ts) with users using IE using phpbb. I come back days later and it remembers me.

If the forum should be used with something other than IE it should be noted somewhere.
Paul, You may have a higher security setting on your browser. This is OK, but you must set it to always allow cookies from certain sites.

Click on Tools > Internet Options > Privacy > Sites
Now in the box "Address of website:" enter www.macgregorsailors.com
Click Allow then OK. Close and restart the browser.

Hope this works.

Rich---Hamin' X---N7ZH

James V
Admiral

Post by James V » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:01 am

OK, I got it to work.

I created a new "favorite" for the forum page and I am logged on when I open. The "Favorite" for the Home page does not log me on but the "Favorite" for the forum page does. DUH?????

on edit 4 hrs latter ------ However it did not stay for long.
Last edited by James V on Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Paul S
Site Admin

Post by Paul S » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:34 am

Hamin' X wrote:
Paul S wrote:Dunno. Only use windows IE on XP (3 PCs at home and 2 w2k+2XP machines at work with IE) and they all require me to log in if I navigate from this forum. Played with the cookies, temp files, etc. No go...at least with every computer I have access to.

Paul, You may have a higher security setting on your browser. This is OK, but you must set it to always allow cookies from certain sites.

Click on Tools > Internet Options > Privacy > Sites
Now in the box "Address of website:" enter www.macgregorsailors.com
Click Allow then OK. Close and restart the browser.

Hope this works.

Rich---Hamin' X---N7ZH
Still didn't work.

I did seem to fix it though... I have been using 'macgregor26x' instead of 'macgregorsailors' (as it comes up first when I start typing in the URL). Using macgregorsailors seems to be the key.

Heath
Site Admin

Post by Heath » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:42 am

That's right, that what you should be using.

Heath
Paul S wrote: I did seem to fix it though... I have been using 'macgregor26x' instead of 'macgregorsailors' (as it comes up first when I start typing in the URL). Using http://www.macgregorsailors.com seems to be the key.

Paul S
Site Admin

Post by Paul S » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:07 pm

Heath wrote:That's right, that what you should be using.

Heath
Paul S wrote: I did seem to fix it though... I have been using 'macgregor26x' instead of 'macgregorsailors' (as it comes up first when I start typing in the URL). Using http://www.macgregorsailors.com seems to be the key.
How long will it keep you logged in for? I had to re-log in just this moment (~4 hours or so), even using macgregorsailors.com

c130king
Admiral

Post by c130king » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:50 pm

I have the same problems.