We're back in business! Got questions?

The more family-friendly room of the Pub. General discussion of topics which don't fit into one of the other fora, not necessarily sailing-related. No political or religious discussions.

Moderators: Catigale, Pub Moderators

Forum rules
No politics or religion discussed here. Posts violating this policy may be arbitrarily deleted or moved to the Back Room.
Deeseas
Chief Steward
Sailboat: MacGregor 19

Re: Questions About The New Forum Structure?

Post by Deeseas » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:34 pm

I still can't figure out how to search mods. I've read Frank C 's guide but when I go to Mods all I see is the last five mods submitted and no place to search. I miss the old forum.

Hamin' X
Site Admin
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X
Location: Hermiston, OR-----------2001 26X DF-50 Suz---------------(Now Sold)

Post by Hamin' X » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:46 pm

Deeseas wrote:I still can't figure out how to search mods. I've read Frank C 's guide but when I go to Mods all I see is the last five mods submitted and no place to search. I miss the old forum.
Go to the top of the page in the dark blue band. Hover your mouse pointer over "Mac Mods". A drop down menu will appear. Click on "Search Mods". Also, you can click on "Browse". Here you can page through all of the mods a page at a time. Clicking on a Category, Model, or Author, will limit the pages to that Category, Model, or Author.

Hope this helps.

~Rich---Hamin' X~

Deeseas
Chief Steward
Sailboat: MacGregor 19

Post by Deeseas » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:52 pm

No, nothing drops down here. But I'm in Canada so maybe it's hungup at customs. And the smilies don't work either. I still miss the old forum.

Hamin' X
Site Admin

Post by Hamin' X » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:14 pm

Interesting. This is what it should look like:
I tried it with popups allowed and disallowed. No difference. I don't think it has anything to do with your location. Perhaps it has to do with cookies, but I don't think so. I'm sure that Heath will check-in with suggestions.

~Rich

Heath
Site Admin

Post by Heath » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:43 pm

The drop-down menu runs using javascript so you have to allow that for it to work. If you're running some Norton or Symantec stuff that is blocking javascript, you'll want to set up an exception to allow it. Also, there's probably someplace in Windows Explorer internet settings if you run Windows. Sorry - I don't so I can't help there. Otherwise, if you're running on some type of system such as webtv that relays and reforms pages, it might not work. Most modern browsers, including smartphones and the like should work without any problems.

Also, I have tried to code in links for people who don't have working javascript. I'll add this to my ToDo list. However, your user experience will be better with javascript working.

Heath

c130king
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Re: We're back in business! Got questions?

Post by c130king » Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:55 pm

Heath,

Is it possible to add links to your advertisers? Maybe a page on the "Resources" drop down menu. I have found my self several times hitting refresh from the main page to make the advertisement graphic update until the one I am looking for shows up.

Just a thought.

Thanks,
Jim

Heath
Site Admin

Post by Heath » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:29 am

Good idea - I'll add it to my list of things to do, and this will be an easy one. Thanks.

Heath

John McDonough
First Officer

Post by John McDonough » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:56 pm

This is not a joke.. This has nothing to do with politics (Back room)
Retired and cleaning up my junk and organizing my life I came across a few thing I would love to give away.
1.. Mast to a 26 D been siting in my yard since 1988. 2008 a tree fell on it and its slightly bent..
.... I would hate to cut it up for scrap.

2...Won this in a contest here at MacSailPages many years ago..(The pub or front or back room)
..... A Cruisers Christmas filmed and produced aboard the Cruising vessel Third day... filmed by Rich Borden (richandlorie) production 2009
.....Nice scenes in the Sea of Cortez and Pacific ocean.
.....Price $35,000 for the original copyright movie and music.. (A new t-22 w motor)
.....$1000 for copy of movie and music.
.....$500 for copy of music.
......$50.00 for a photo of Rich and family
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Just passing through and its good to see you guys are still alive and well.. The bent mast is not a joke.

Hamin' X
Site Admin

Post by Hamin' X » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:38 am

Good to hear from you, John. Glad you're still kicking!

~Rich