Flowcoat in Oz

For MacGregor/Venture owners in Australia and discussions about country-specific sailing-related topics.
Mac26Mpaul
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Flowcoat in Oz

Post by Mac26Mpaul »

Put a bit of a gouge in the bow of Little Annie a while back and just did a temporary fix on it with Norglass Norfill epoxy filler. Have now decided the time has come to fix it properly. All my research suggests flowcoat (not gelcoat or putty) is what should be used for a proper job that wont yellow over time. Does anybody know of any brands of white flowcoat from the Oz chandleries that will match the colour of the M ( I think someone said it is "arctic white" colour)
Paul
cruiser
Engineer
Sailboat: MacGregor 26S
Location: Brisbane, Australia. "Myuna" Macgregor 26S, 8HP Nissan outboard

Re: Flowcoat in Oz

Post by cruiser »

Hi Paul,
This does not answer your specific question, however I thought it might be of use re fixing up dents and scratches in fiberglass generally:
http://www.macgregorsailors.com/article ... elcoat.php
Mac26Mpaul
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Post by Mac26Mpaul »

Thanks mate, had read that one and some of the info is useful although the pros recommend flowcoat over gelcoat and putty. I reckon I will just use the bog standard white from Bias or Whitworths, and see how she turns out...
cruiser
Engineer
Sailboat: MacGregor 26S
Location: Brisbane, Australia. "Myuna" Macgregor 26S, 8HP Nissan outboard

Post by cruiser »

Yes the majority don't seem to mind using expoxy on their polyester but I still like to avoid it as I always think it can cause problems when wanting to go in the reverse - I am probably a bit over cautious I guess.