Rotors

For MacGregor/Venture owners in Australia and discussions about country-specific sailing-related topics.
Mac26Mpaul
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Rotors

Post by Mac26Mpaul »

Need to get a roadworthy soon,

Reckon my rotors wont pass. Can anyone tell me what rotors I need to buy (and a nice cheap place to buy them would be nice!) for my 07 trailer?

Havn't put new rotors on anything before, but it looks pretty straightforward - any issues I need to be ware of?

Thanks,
Paul
Mac26Mpaul
Admiral

Re: Rotors

Post by Mac26Mpaul »

Looking like I'd have to get em from the US which is a pain and will no doubt be expensive. Has anyone who has upgraded their trailer, got a set of rotors that will pass a roadworthy, - they could sell me?
Relackson
Deckhand

Post by Relackson »

Can't help with the rotors - I bought a Loadrite trailer a year ago. Have just got around to selling my original Mac trailer - if anyone is interested.

But might be able to help my Aussie mates in regard to expensive shipping from the US. I have just ordered a new dodger and doors from Blue Water Yachts. Their quote to send was $560 - even Ezra (very helpful bloke) admitted that was steep. Googled and came up with UStoOZ. Aussie girl organises it. On a ship for 5-6 weeks cost $145; about $350 for about 10 days. At present time, the parcel has been delivered by Ezra at BWY to their shipping place.

Stay tuned as to how it all works out.

Take care

Stan
bartmac
Captain

Post by bartmac »

I have 2 Mac trailers....the one with disc brakes is not good and not sure if the rotors are retrievable....going to sell the other one with drum brakes soon as I get my mac onto the new trailer (well second hand near new dual axle Imexus 28 trailer)