Arabian Adventure

Use this forum to announce, plan, and discuss events, cruises, regattas, shows, sailing destinations, events your club is planning, etc.
Morwenna
Just Enlisted
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Arabian Adventure

Post by Morwenna »

I have finally caught up with myself and documented the first few months of Morwenna's adventures:
http://www.sailblogs.com/member/morwenna/

The Gallery Manager is not working at the moment so some of the photos don't have captions - but that will be corrected when it gets back on line.

Cheers
Nevil
"Morwenna"

! Moderator Note:
Topic moved from Rest of The World forum and shadow topic/link left in previous forum. Fascinating reading that everyone will enjoy.

~Rich---Hamin' X~
Night Sailor
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X
Location: '98, MACX1780I798, '97 Merc 50hp Classic, Denton Co. TX "Duet"

Re: Arabian Adventure

Post by Night Sailor »

Thanks for the post Morwenna. I enjoyed reading of the prep and voyage, especially the references to the GPS coordinates, which I could then follow on Google Earth. Mountainous country indeed! History everywhere too. What a fascinating place to explore. Thanks for sharing.
TexasDan40
Chief Steward
Location: Humble, Tx...Mac26X "Alpha Sail" Rigged on Trailer in Kemah, Tx

Post by TexasDan40 »

Looks like an awesome trip.
Exactly the kind of stuff I want to do with my family.
Thanks for the post.
Te :macx:
Rick Westlake
Captain
Location: Casa Rio Marina, Mayo, MD; MacGregor 26X, "Bossa Nova" - Bristol 29.9 "Halcyon"

Post by Rick Westlake »

Fascinating! (I was going to say "very cool" but that's at odds with 40°C temperatures!)

Trailer-sailing to another country - not the usual "yacht entry", is it? The price of launching & retrieval is appalling to a USA sailor, but Muscat & Oman are on a different financial level from mine ... much as I found things remarkably inexpensive, by USA standards, in my South American travels.

But did anyone notice Nevil's mods page? I like his answer to the ballast-tank vent; bringing the vent-hose under the V-berth, through the flotation-foam, all the way to the very peak of the bow. More work but out of the way. I'll be adding that one to Bossa Nova this winter; Nevil, why not post it in our Mods section?

Thanks for bringing our attention to sailing a part of the world that few of us will sail. A nice testament to the Mac. (You're leading me to think of exporting one to Uruguay, to cruise as a live-aboard when I go to visit.)