Forum Home
IntroductionBrowse
Our MacGregorExploringArticlesAbout this Website
ManualsDealer InfoSailing LinksSupport this Website
Forum Home

Any news on the Tattoo 22?

Moderators: beene, Hamin' X, kmclemore, Catigale

Re: Any news on the Tattoo 22?

Postby miamistyle » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:58 pm

I apologize for not updating. I was really hoping that there would be some announcement or update coming from Tattoo by now.

I called before driving to the location. Laura answered and said they are still working on getting the factory set up. She also asked me not to come by for a visit because they just weren't set up for that.

She did say things were moving forward. I do think there will be boats made in the near future. I will be buying one of those first boats. I will update this post if I am contacted with purchasing instructions before an official announcement is made.

I will continue to sail my :mac19: until the :tat22: is ready. I don't think this is all some big conspiracy perpetrated by Tattoo sailboats to trick us all. I am disappointed that the date given for production moving forward was missed, but I am sure it is probably complicated to get everything set up properly.
miamistyle
Chief Steward
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:10 pm
Sailboat: MacGregor 19

Re: Any news on the Tattoo 22?

Postby NiceAft » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:06 am

Congratulations!

For those who are interested, you have supplied the most up to date information yet. It may not be what you wanted to hear, or what those interested in a :tat: want to read, but it is something. This might yet come to fruition.

Ray
User avatar
NiceAft
Admiral
 
Posts: 3993
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:28 pm
Location: Upper Dublin,PA, USA: 2005M 50hp.Honda4strk.,1979 Phantom Sport Sailboat, 9'Achilles 6HP Merc 4strk
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Re: Any news on the Tattoo 22?

Postby dlandersson » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:02 am

Thank you 8)

miamistyle wrote:I apologize for not updating. I was really hoping that there would be some announcement or update coming from Tattoo by now.

I called before driving to the location. Laura answered and said they are still working on getting the factory set up. She also asked me not to come by for a visit because they just weren't set up for that.

She did say things were moving forward. I do think there will be boats made in the near future. I will be buying one of those first boats. I will update this post if I am contacted with purchasing instructions before an official announcement is made.

I will continue to sail my :mac19: until the :tat22: is ready. I don't think this is all some big conspiracy perpetrated by Tattoo sailboats to trick us all. I am disappointed that the date given for production moving forward was missed, but I am sure it is probably complicated to get everything set up properly.
User avatar
dlandersson
Admiral
 
Posts: 3363
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:00 pm
Location: Chicago metro, USA
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X

Re: Any news on the Tattoo 22?

Postby RussMT » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:14 am

miamistyle wrote:I called before driving to the location. Laura answered and said they are still working on getting the factory set up. She also asked me not to come by for a visit because they just weren't set up for that.


I translate this to mean you reached her cell phone and they have no factory.

Losing hope this will ever happen now as more time goes by.

--Russ
User avatar
RussMT
Admiral
 
Posts: 5499
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:01 pm
Location: Bozeman, Montana "Luna Azul" 2008 M 70hp Suzi
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Re: Any news on the Tattoo 22?

Postby Ezra_BWY » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:08 pm

No word still to the old Macgregor/Tattoo dealer network
Ezra_BWY
Just Enlisted
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:04 pm

Re: Any news on the Tattoo 22?

Postby NiceAft » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:18 pm

NiceAft wrote:Congratulations!

For those who are interested, you have supplied the most up to date information yet. It may not be what you wanted to hear, or what those interested in a :tat: want to read, but it is something. This might yet come to fruition.

Ray


Never Mind :!: :o :? :D

Ray
User avatar
NiceAft
Admiral
 
Posts: 3993
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:28 pm
Location: Upper Dublin,PA, USA: 2005M 50hp.Honda4strk.,1979 Phantom Sport Sailboat, 9'Achilles 6HP Merc 4strk
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Re: Any news on the Tattoo 22?

Postby 1st Sail » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:02 pm

I'm losing hope. Still waiting for an address to send my standing PO.

Trailer sailor, 28-30M, 8'6" beam, weighted lifting keel like the La Perla Noir, (http://www.bwyachts.com/laperlanoir.html) aka Mac Clone +. Maybe I could find someone that could stretch mine like those stretch limos....
1st Sail
Captain
 
Posts: 548
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:58 pm
Location: Moline, IL '06M 50hp Etec
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Re: Any news on the Tattoo 22?

Postby Ezra_BWY » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:31 pm

A larger Macgregor, something in the 28' range has long been talked about among enthusiasts, but no plans have ever been made by Macgregor or Tattoo to take the jump up in size. We got an interesting brochure some months back for the Imexus 28. Price point is the barrier, the Imexus was going to come in somewhere around six figures if I can recall correctly. Plus they are built in Poland so the costs to get them state-side would add to an already higher price.

For those wanting to look:
https://imexusyachts.com/portfolio/proj ... uare-book/

No experience with one hands-on so my knowledge beyond what's available there online is pretty limited.
Ezra_BWY
Just Enlisted
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:04 pm

Re: Any news on the Tattoo 22?

Postby kmclemore » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:15 pm

Ezra_BWY wrote:For those wanting to look:http://www.macgregorsailors.com/forum/posting.php?mode=quote&f=28&p=336994
https://imexusyachts.com/portfolio/proj ... uare-book/


Crikey... look at the structural stability / straightness of the sides of this thing!

Image
User avatar
kmclemore
Site Admin
 
Posts: 5566
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2004 12:24 pm
Location: Ambler, PA -- MACX2018A898 w/ Tohatsu 50D -- 78 BW Harpoon 4.6 -- 2018 Tahoe 550TF w/ 150 Merc
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X

Re: Any news on the Tattoo 22?

Postby Baha » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:47 am

I sailed alongside one of these for a few days at a UK Mac Rally. Nice boat, but steering failed on him......Aside from the woodwork belowdecks, I don't see a real attraction compared to my :macm: I was with another :macm: owner as crew, and we always walked away from the Imexus.
Baha
First Officer
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:58 am
Location: UK
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Re: Any news on the Tattoo 22?

Postby kurz » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:55 pm

Hy Baha
Why you walked away from the Imexus? That ist the interesting answer.
So the Imxus is bigger, with all the pro and cons. So I swear it is more expensive, as it is bigger. Also the slip money... And the trailer is heavier, so you need bigge cars...
But: I guess it is more roomy?
kurz
Captain
 
Posts: 720
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:07 pm
Location: Zürich, Switzerland, Europe
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Re: Any news on the Tattoo 22?

Postby dlandersson » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:27 pm

I'll be glad to hold the cash of your PO while you wait. Send small, used, non-sequential, unmarked bills. :P

1st Sail wrote:I'm losing hope. Still waiting for an address to send my standing PO.

Trailer sailor, 28-30M, 8'6" beam, weighted lifting keel like the La Perla Noir, (http://www.bwyachts.com/laperlanoir.html) aka Mac Clone +. Maybe I could find someone that could stretch mine like those stretch limos....
Last edited by dlandersson on Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
dlandersson
Admiral
 
Posts: 3363
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:00 pm
Location: Chicago metro, USA
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X

Re: Any news on the Tattoo 22?

Postby Baha » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:28 am

kurz wrote:Hy Baha
Why you walked away from the Imexus? That ist the interesting answer.
So the Imxus is bigger, with all the pro and cons. So I swear it is more expensive, as it is bigger. Also the slip money... And the trailer is heavier, so you need bigge cars...
But: I guess it is more roomy?

Sorry..."walked away from"...sailed faster than....
Baha
First Officer
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:58 am
Location: UK
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Re: Any news on the Tattoo 22?

Postby 1st Sail » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:50 pm

IIRC Hobbie made a 30' mono with impressive performance specs. Unfortunately the cabin height was just tall enough for a troll. Supposedly it sailed well and was well built. We are selling the company this year and moving on to full time retired. I'm sitting here with Navionics and looking at all the amazing lakes and reservoirs we want to camp and sail. I doubt if we will head to FL or the Carribean islands and we prefer the remote anchorages. North channel, lake Sakakawea, Lake Powell, Upper Miss., Lake of the Woods, etc. We would prefer to skip the small RV/Mac in exchange a larger trailer sailor. We seriously considered the Seaward 32RK but cost and having to pull permits every time we wanted to move it was too many $ and hassle to move it. For sure we still enjoy our Mac. The cost and versatility is excellent. No complaints, just want a little more room for spending several weeks cruising.
1st Sail
Captain
 
Posts: 548
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:58 pm
Location: Moline, IL '06M 50hp Etec
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Re: Any news on the Tattoo 22?

Postby Ixneigh » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:01 am

Stretching a Mac would not be out of the realm of possibility. Cut the boat at the cabin ladder and add two meet to it. Have a larger cockpit.
Ix
User avatar
Ixneigh
Admiral
 
Posts: 1894
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:00 pm
Location: Key largo Florida
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

PreviousNext

Return to Tattoo Yachts Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Copyright 2004 - 2019 © HK Innovations