Macgregor Sailor's Map Tutorial

Use this forum to announce, plan, and discuss events, cruises, regattas, shows, sailing destinations, events your club is planning, etc.
sirlandsalot
Engineer
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Re: Macgregor Sailor's Map Tutorial

Post by sirlandsalot »

Ya, I am attempting to switch to apple, and the learning curve is frustrating at times!
Oskar 26M
First Officer
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Post by Oskar 26M »

Just tried to add a few places Oskar has visited along the West coast of Oz (from a Windows7 PC)
Seemed to work okay, but nothing showed up when I accessed to map via the direct link in this thread :( .
On edit:
The following brief message flashes up as the map is loaded:
"This feature is not supported in the new Google Maps, so we've temporarily switched you to classic Google Maps. Learn more Dismiss"
I have not not been able to get the 'Learn more' link to work before the message disappears. :cry:
dlandersson
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X

Re: Macgregor Sailor's Maps

Post by dlandersson »

Morbidly interesting. There are a LOT of Mac owners who have not listed themselves. 8)
TaZ-n-Izzy
Chief Steward
Sailboat: Venture 23

Post by TaZ-n-Izzy »

I WILL TRY TO FIX PLACES I LOVE TO VISIT HERE IN PUERTO RICO... SO IF YOU ARE AROUND LET ME KNOW TO SPOT YOU A NICE PLACE
Tomfoolery
Admiral

Post by Tomfoolery »

TaZ-n-Izzy wrote:I WILL TRY TO FIX PLACES I LOVE TO VISIT HERE IN PUERTO RICO... SO IF YOU ARE AROUND LET ME KNOW TO SPOT YOU A NICE PLACE
Where abouts are you in Puerto Rico? If you don't mind saying, of course.
TaZ-n-Izzy
Chief Steward

Post by TaZ-n-Izzy »

Tomfoolery wrote:
TaZ-n-Izzy wrote:I WILL TRY TO FIX PLACES I LOVE TO VISIT HERE IN PUERTO RICO... SO IF YOU ARE AROUND LET ME KNOW TO SPOT YOU A NICE PLACE
We live in the island, Toa Alta...

this is our playground :wink:

there are a ramp's, lakes and coast line to visit around here that are very impresive!
Tomfoolery
Admiral

Post by Tomfoolery »

TaZ-n-Izzy wrote:
Tomfoolery wrote:
We live in the island, Toa Alta...

this is our playground :wink:

there are a ramp's, lakes and coast line to visit around here that are very impresive!
I only asked because I know where just about every outdoor dock and city shot in the movie Captain Ron was shot, and was just curious if you were near any of them. Since about half those scenes were shot in Old San Juan, I'd say you're pretty close. :D

But it's a loooong way from Rochester, NY to San Juan, PR, especially by Mac X, so I don't think I'll be boating there any time soon, much as I'd like to visit the place. :cry:
TaZ-n-Izzy
Chief Steward

Post by TaZ-n-Izzy »

Tomfoolery wrote: I only asked because I know where just about every outdoor dock and city shot in the movie Captain Ron was shot, and was just curious if you were near any of them. Since about half those scenes were shot in Old San Juan, I'd say you're pretty close. :D
Yeah!!! im very very close! every thing its really close in here... we are just 100x35 miles :wink:
Tomfoolery wrote: But it's a loooong way from Rochester, NY to San Juan, PR, especially by Mac X, so I don't think I'll be boating there any time soon, much as I'd like to visit the place. :cry:
who knows maybe one day you do a barefoot charter and re-visit all those places!!!

dont worry i will post lots of pictures now im seaworthy 8)
kmclemore
Site Admin
Location: Ambler, PA -- MACX2018A898 w/ Tohatsu 50D -- 78 BW Harpoon 4.6 -- 2018 Tahoe 550TF w/ 150 Merc

Post by kmclemore »

Please Note:

There's a discussion - "Where are you on the Google Trailer Sailor Map?" - that relates to this thread and should also be visited if you're interested in locating yourself or others on the map, or if you're interested in more information about the map.

http://www.macgregorsailors.com/forum/v ... =4&t=12417
TIMBOAT2
Chief Steward
Sailboat: Venture 25

Post by TIMBOAT2 »

Just updated from the V21 to the V25. Could not find "Venture" icon. Please?
T.
KonstantinAtHouston
Just Enlisted

Post by KonstantinAtHouston »

Added myself to Macgregor Sailor's Map, and three ramps we've used recently around Houston, TX, to Macgregor Sailor's Places & Anchorages.
Slow learner: born in '59 and still 15...