Forum Home
IntroductionBrowse
Our MacGregorExploringArticlesAbout this Website
ManualsDealer InfoSailing LinksTell a FriendSupport this Website
Forum Home

Cayo Costa trip in FL

Use this forum to announce, plan, and discuss events, cruises, regattas, shows, sailing destinations, events your club is planning, etc.

Moderators: Hamin' X, kmclemore, Catigale, Paul S, tangentair, Frank C, beene, Heath_Mod

Cayo Costa trip in FL

Postby DaveB » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:31 pm

We spent 3 days cruiseing To Cayo Costa (56NM round trip) from Cape Coral to meet up with fellow members of the West Coast Trailer Sailers.
We had 33 trailer sailers show up. I was the Fire burner and brought most of the firewood so others could sit around the campfire and tell their story for past 6 mo's.
Water was 76 degrees but I still got in for a few moments, air was 85 degrees.
We had campfires Friday and Sat.
Here is a few pictures.
http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x25/ ... ta%20Trip/
Towing the 9.5 dingy

DaveB
Admiral

Location: Cape Coral, Florida,1997 Mac. X, 2013 Merc.50hp Big Foot
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X

Re: Cayo Costa trip in FL

Postby vizwhiz » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:56 pm

Great pics! Looks like a lot of fun...
How many other Macs were there, besides the 2 X's in the pic? I thought I saw another S/D boat in one of the pics, but hard to tell...
vizwhiz
Admiral

Sailboat: MacGregor 26S

Postby DaveB » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:13 pm

One other Mac.S (Mental Floss) they did the 28 nm mile back to ramp with us.
Ck this out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbEJl7hUf1Y

Dave

vizwhiz wrote:Great pics! Looks like a lot of fun...
How many other Macs were there, besides the 2 X's in the pic? I thought I saw another S/D boat in one of the pics, but hard to tell...
DaveB
Admiral

Postby bahama bound » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:08 pm

alright im starting to get frustated !!!! why do we always have to find out after the fact about these trips or get togethers ,i bought my x because i wanted to tag along and now i have the boat and the time ?how come these trips dont get posted ?we just see pics after the fact ????
bahama bound
First Officer

Postby Keel_Hauled » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:13 pm

I'm up for a few trips this summer, too. Will have the boat in 'working' order this month and guess it's still useable while I'm making modifications so let's all go somewhere !!!

~K
Keel_Hauled
Chief Steward

Postby Herschel » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:16 pm

alright I'm starting to get frustrated !!!! why do we always have to find out after the fact about these trips or get-togethers ,i bought my x because i wanted to tag along and now i have the boat and the time ?how come these trips don't get posted ?we just see pics after the fact ????

There has been a lot of "chatter" about this and other events on the West Coast Trailer Sailor group on Yahoo. I have just joined the group and have been following this event even though I was not able to attend this time. There are other events planned along the west coast of Florida and discussed daily. I am not able to say exactly how to join up; perhaps some of the old-timers at wctss can advise appropriately. Here is their website: http://ftp.ij.net/wctss/wctss/.
Herschel
Engineer

Postby vizwhiz » Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:26 pm

bahama bound wrote:how come these trips dont get posted ?

DaveB posts about this trip every time it comes up - twice a year... I have to be content to be jealous at the moment, but won't be for long! :wink:
vizwhiz
Admiral

Sailboat: MacGregor 26S

Postby DaveB » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:29 pm

I did post on this site about the trip. Best way is to go to this site and go to #2 2012 Cayo Costa under photo's. http://members.ij.net/wctss/wctss/
You can also find out were next trips are and when,If you want to become a member you need to contact Ron, cost is $20 a year.
The WCTSS is a major Trailer Sailing club with many active members and a great bunch of fellow sailors.
Dave

bahama bound wrote:alright im starting to get frustated !!!! why do we always have to find out after the fact about these trips or get togethers ,i bought my x because i wanted to tag along and now i have the boat and the time ?how come these trips dont get posted ?we just see pics after the fact ????
DaveB
Admiral

Postby bahama bound » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:53 am

thanks a bunch , i will join today !!
bahama bound
First Officer

Return to Destinations, Clubs, Events and Venues