Ontario Sailors Rendezvous 2013

Use this forum to announce, plan, and discuss events, cruises, regattas, shows, sailing destinations, events your club is planning, etc.
Crikey
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M
Location: Washago, Muskoka, Ontario, Canada, Earth, Singularity.Suzuki DF60A. Boat name: Crikey!

Re: Annual MAD MEN of Ontario Rendezvous IV

Post by Crikey »

tkanzler wrote:Stupid question maybe, but where do you find the key sheet for areas A, B, C, and D? They refer to a brochure map, but I can't find the brochure. The maps don't show anything other than the transient restaurant docking area. :x

Also, is there a MMOR-type grouping I should be asking about?
Tom, I tossed in the MMOO plead as well. Rocky (Dreamer) made first mention to their staff.
I think the areas you are referring to are contained in the adjacent marina. Much of their space occurs on a vacant while away basis. Heres a map of part:
http://www.mississauga.ca/file/COM/lake ... iagram.pdf
Have to start looking up the berthing details on the 'Wall' at the Toronto islands. Weather's the thing. :|
beene
Site Admin

Post by beene »

Ross
When staying at the wall, u just show up, grab a spot, and u r good to go. During the week, mid day, should be no problem. The main issue with the wall is no reservation. No actual numbered slip. First come first serve. So if u have a slip, then leave it to go sailing, chances are u won't get a spot when u get back.
Crikey
Admiral
Location: Washago, Muskoka, Ontario, Canada, Earth, Singularity.Suzuki DF60A. Boat name: Crikey!

Post by Crikey »

beene wrote:Ross
When staying at the wall, u just show up, grab a spot, and u r good to go. During the week, mid day, should be no problem. The main issue with the wall is no reservation. No actual numbered slip. First come first serve. So if u have a slip, then leave it to go sailing, chances are u won't get a spot when u get back.
Geoff, I wonder if rafting up is permitted?
We could meet Stephen (Catigale) in TO and have him foot the bar bill (according to host country regs). :P
Tomfoolery
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X

Post by Tomfoolery »

Crikey wrote:Geoff, I wonder if rafting up is permitted?
Seems to be a popular thing to do, whether it's permitted or not. 8)

Crikey wrote:We could meet Stephen (Catigale) in TO and have him foot the bar bill (according to host country regs). :P
Sounds like a plan. 8) :D
dreamer
First Officer

Post by dreamer »

We were at the wall this weekend. It was only about half full (little colder than usual). This year they had signs up about no campfires but it wasn't enforced. Pretty much every boat had a campfire going (police boats came by and didn't say anything). You are able to raft up but you still have to pay the fee which is around $41 for our boats.
Tomfoolery
Admiral

Post by Tomfoolery »

Dock space request sent. I'm in! 8)

I don't know if the Admiral will come, though. I'm making a trip to the Thousand Islands this summer (don't know when yet), and a couple of nights on the boat, with no A/C, but with some bugs and a fidgety Labrador Retriever, might make her decide it's better if I go alone. :D She's never overnighted on any of the boats we've had, including the big one, which was the one to stay on if any. We'll see. :wink:
Crikey
Admiral

Post by Crikey »

Teashirts? Flags? Funny little Beaver hats?
:D
robbarnes1965
Captain
Location: (BYC)Montreal, Qc Macgregor 26m-2007 "Miss Coco" - after my daughter, 50hp Honda

Post by robbarnes1965 »

tkanzler wrote:Dock space request sent. I'm in! 8)

I don't know if the Admiral will come, though. I'm making a trip to the Thousand Islands this summer (don't know when yet), and a couple of nights on the boat, with no A/C, but with some bugs and a fidgety Labrador Retriever, might make her decide it's better if I go alone. :D She's never overnighted on any of the boats we've had, including the big one, which was the one to stay on if any. We'll see. :wink:

Having done the 1000 Islands twice, I recommend bug screens if you don't have them. I had Bugbuster hatch and companionway screens and they worked perfectly. The full enclosure was useless for keeping them out but great for rain days. I never found AC necessary. The water is a great temp for cooling off.

Sheri and I are formulating a plan to head to the Mad Men rendezvous. Just working out our "bugs".
Tomfoolery
Admiral

Post by Tomfoolery »

I'll have to investigate that. I have a full enclosure from Dowsar with bug screens for the opening panels (PO's musta spent a fortune on it). I was hoping it would do the job. I do need a screen for the forward hatch, though.
Crikey
Admiral

Post by Crikey »

Changed my arrival to the Friday night (16th). House is up for sale now - this could get interesting!
Highlander
Admiral
Location: Maccutter26M 2008 75HP Merc. 4/S Victoria BC. Can. ' An Hileanto'ir III '

Post by Highlander »

Well I'm in booked from aug. 19 - 22 , but hope to be down in Lake Ontario by the 17th , Mike said he will try to accommodate me if I show up earlier , He said ur the one with the cutter rigged bowsprit I said yes why u remember my boat , he said yes that is a very sweet set-up everyone was asking about it & all the other MacGregors Boats there that wk-end , Mike said How could I forget ur boat she is something special for sure , My I felt good my chest just expanded by 3ft :D :D :D :D :P

J 8)
PS See just goes to show u our :macm: & :macx: were the talk of the town apparently :) :wink: so lets make it a double whammy this yr maybe we'll make the new's !!! :)
beene
Site Admin

Post by beene »

Wish they would have put us all together last year.

Makes It look like a Mac takeover!!!
Catigale
Site Admin
Location: Admiral .............Catigale 2002X.......Lots of Harpoon Hobie 16 Skiffs....Island 17

Post by Catigale »

My life just got complicated with us hosting a new exchange student from Belfast starting in August. Im not sure as a hosting parent I should offer to take her out on a boat for a week - sounds icky creepy... :D :D :D

Ill keep you guys informed at least..
Crikey
Admiral

Post by Crikey »

Thinkin dockside pot luck for Saturday night.... Barbie's all shined up. :)

John, If you get shut out due to a tawdry arrival, it should be possible to raft a third (you) between two docked Macgregors. Don't count on sleeping though!

R.
Highlander
Admiral
Location: Maccutter26M 2008 75HP Merc. 4/S Victoria BC. Can. ' An Hileanto'ir III '

Post by Highlander »

Crikey wrote:Thinkin dockside pot luck for Saturday night.... Barbie's all shined up. :)

John, If you get shut out due to a tawdry arrival, it should be possible to raft a third (you) between two docked Macgregors. Don't count on sleeping though!

R.
As long as u remember I'm the Host & not the Hostess !! :o :D :D :D :D , I assume u r trying to tell me my boat will be the "Open Bar" again with standing room only :wink: as long as you remember to step off the boat when departing , remember no diving off the boat while @ dockside whether u r wearing a pfd or not u r not the Seal puppy u used to be ! :P :D :D :D

http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab1/ ... G_0901.jpg

http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab1/ ... G_0905.jpg

J 8)
Last edited by Highlander on Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.