San Francisco Bay Oct 20-26, 2014

Use this forum to announce, plan, and discuss events, cruises, regattas, shows, sailing destinations, events your club is planning, etc.
Newell
First Officer
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X

San Francisco Bay Oct 20-26, 2014

Post by Newell »

Having decided to live within the law for once (only) left the boat and large trailer home, now living in SF area with no boat. Getting a little bored with landside fun and would be able to crew, share or help with any sort of sailing activity. Let me know? :D
Catigale
Site Admin
Location: Admiral .............Catigale 2002X.......Lots of Harpoon Hobie 16 Skiffs....Island 17

Re: San Francisco Bay Oct 20-26, 2014

Post by Catigale »

I missed this one Newell. Are you still in Bay area??

I sail routinely with friends out of Berkeley...PM me for contact info.
Newell
First Officer

Post by Newell »

Catigale,

I didn't get any takers while in SF. I'm in NOLA watching Mardi Gras now and moving to Gulf Shores, AL next week. Have Fast Sunday in tow and plan to sail Mobile Bay area.
Will be going with the VYC to the Sacramento Delta I hope in late July and may stay awhile in Half Moon Bay. It would be great to meet up with any sailors, so keep posting and let's do it. :) :macx:
Newell
First Officer

Post by Newell »

Haven't checked this board all summer. The VYC postponed the trip to Sacto area until 2016. Have sailed Utah Lake, Lake Powell and Lake Mead since leaving NOLA in June. Now back in South San Francisco but left Fast Sunday home. Getting cool here but there should be someone about that would like a crew. Give me a shout. 8) :macx:
Curwen
Engineer
Sailboat: MacGregor 26D

Post by Curwen »

Newell,

You might be the only person to sail on Utah Lake last summer. I bought my boat in June and it was already too low to launch. Fortunately, Strawberry is close enough to trailer to.

Tried our first launch and we were at the edge of the launch ramp and the boat was 6 inches above the waterline.

This is what the docs look like now...

If you make it back through, drop a note.

Curwen
Newell
First Officer

Re: San Francisco Bay Oct 27-Nov 27 2015

Post by Newell »

You might be the only person to sail on Utah Lake last summer. I bought my boat in June and it was already too low to launch. Fortunately, Strawberry is close
Don't know when you tried to launch on Utah Lake. The Bonneville Sailing Club held their annual race (used to be Utah Summer Games Keelboat Race) on June 7 and there were 15 boats and plenty of water. A boat like yours won the day, Windancer, my baby did a heck of job.

Your boat looks great, where did you find her? :wink: