Ontario Sailors Rendezvous 2015

Use this forum to announce, plan, and discuss events, cruises, regattas, shows, sailing destinations, events your club is planning, etc.

Moderators: Catigale, Paul S, Heath_Mod, beene, Hamin' X, kmclemore, tangentair

beene
Site Admin
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Re: MMOR Ontario Canada 2015 Mac Meet July 20-27 Port Credit

Post by beene » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:11 pm

Tomfoolery wrote:Sooooo, are there no admirals in attendance this year? Mine doesn't want to go if there aren't any other women there. I may be going stag. :P
Mine will be AROUND.... as our home is only a few minutes away...

but .... Not coming sailing

But MIGHT show up at SOME point and join in for a dinner or drinks at the docks AFTER a hard days sail...

:o
:?
:cry:
:|

beene
Site Admin

Post by beene » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:18 pm

Check this out...

Our Mac meet made the Port Credit Event List at the Marina..

G

Thistledew
Just Enlisted
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X

Post by Thistledew » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:36 am

Wish we could join you, but we'll be sailing the North Channell with the Trailer Sailor Association. Hopefully we can join next year :)

dreamer
First Officer

Post by dreamer » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:55 am

I've been here at credit village marina since Thursday afternoon, it was great seeing that they put our event on the website. Mike at the marina has been mentioning this to all the Mac owners he sees I've been doing the same.I saw 2 macs yesterday on the water. We've been having amazing weather here over the last few days with consistent winds every day. Let's hope we get the same next week.
I was at Highlander's a few wks ago and his engine is purring like a kitten... Looking forward to seeing your boat down here, it always creates a lot of interest.

Oh Tom, I'll be going stag

Phil M
Captain
Sailboat: Other

Post by Phil M » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:08 am

Thistledew wrote:Wish we could join you, but we'll be sailing the North Channell with the Trailer Sailor Association. Hopefully we can join next year :)
Apparently they have reached the full registration limit of 45 sailboats and are not accepting any more registrations for the North Channel cruise this year. Not that I was going anyways, but this cruise is on my bucket list. :macm:

Thistledew
Just Enlisted

Post by Thistledew » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:40 am

but this cruise is on my bucket list
It's beautiful up there. This is our 10th year doing this cruise. Fortunately we go in long before they closed registration. I think they may be keeping a list of people who want to join, and my experience has been usually about 10% of cruise registrants can't make it for various reasons, and another 10% go off and do their own thing.

If you can make it someday - I highly recommend it.

Meanwhile the Mac Meet is now on my to do list :wink:

Tomfoolery
Admiral

Post by Tomfoolery » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:07 pm

dreamer wrote:Oh Tom, I'll be going stag
Looks like everyone is, at this point. :wink:

StarSpun
Engineer

Post by StarSpun » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:43 am

Hey y'all! Holy it's been a while!

Count Bryan and I in! I think our friend Roman from last year will bring his too! He is at Ontario Place Marina (where we have also docked our new to us Houseboat....we plan to live on it during the summers in Toronto!), and I know there are a couple of other Macs kicking it in the area. Will see if I can contact them to join us!

We have a big camping trip on the 24th, so will join ya'll during the week at some point. Wish we could be there for the weekend....would be cool to raft everyone up at Hanlans and party it up! Going to the Wall would be cool too....we have reciprocal! 8) :wink: Still have Toy Yot docked at Toronto Island Marina....LOVE that perk!

See you all then:-)

dreamer
First Officer

Post by dreamer » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:04 am

Hey nice to here that you guys are coming. We were at Ontario Place Marina last Wednesday to see the Foo Fighters. I love seeing concerts there because you don't have to fight traffic there or on the way home. I'll have to look you guys up next time I'm there. Hey are you guys bringing the cat and bearded dragon I remember giving them a ride on the boat... Glad to here Roman can make it too...we'll try to keep John out of the water this year

StarSpun
Engineer

Post by StarSpun » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:36 am

dreamer wrote:Hey nice to here that you guys are coming. We were at Ontario Place Marina last Wednesday to see the Foo Fighters. I love seeing concerts there because you don't have to fight traffic there or on the way home. I'll have to look you guys up next time I'm there. Hey are you guys bringing the cat and bearded dragon I remember giving them a ride on the boat... Glad to here Roman can make it too...we'll try to keep John out of the water this year

Hey you! That's wild!!!! Well if you went in to see the Foo Fighters, you for sure saw us! We are the first houseboat out on the sunken barge break wall, and we had deck parties both nights the Foos were playing! You would also HAVE to of noticed the name of the boat....most people do when they enter the marina and have a good chuckle about it;-) Did you happen to notice?

Yeah, we'll bring Mitts and Miphy along for the ride:-) For sure!
LOL, John falling in....ha ha! Can't promise I'll try to prevent anyone from falling in! I sure do get a kick out of it! Hehe!
Two days ago, Mitts (cat) fell in at Hanlans off of a friends boat. Funniest thing I've ever seen....gosh I'm a bad cat mom! A friend jumped in after him, and Bryan almost fell in grabbing him out against the boat. What did I do? Laughed and laughed! I knew he could swim;-)

Looking forward to the meet! :D

dreamer
First Officer

Post by dreamer » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:40 pm

Ah I missed it my son was taking her into the marina for the first time and there was a bit of traffic so I was focussing on him not hitting anything ...we were on the finger docks on the other side... I'll have to look for you guys next time. Now I'm curious about that boat name :?:

StarSpun
Engineer

Post by StarSpun » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:22 pm

dreamer wrote:Ah I missed it my son was taking her into the marina for the first time and there was a bit of traffic so I was focussing on him not hitting anything ...we were on the finger docks on the other side... I'll have to look for you guys next time. Now I'm curious about that boat name :?:

Hehe! When are you going there next? :D We'll make sure to be on deck (our condo is a couple of minutes away....renting it out come this fall)!
Come over for a beer or 10! :D

Highlander
Admiral
Location: Maccutter26M 2008 75HP Merc. 4/S Victoria BC. Can. ' An Hileanto'ir III '

Post by Highlander » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:04 pm

StarSpun

Rocky will be harbour piloting the boat so only 1 beer for him & if I just happen to be along as a co-pilot I can help him out with the other 9 beers

J 8)

StarSpun
Engineer

Post by StarSpun » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:06 pm

Highlander wrote:StarSpun

Rocky will be harbour piloting the boat so only 1 beer for him & if I just happen to be along as a co-pilot I can help him out with the other 9 beers

J 8)

Now THAT sounds like a plan!! :D 8)

beene
Site Admin

Post by beene » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:40 pm

StarSpun wrote:Hey y'all! Holy it's been a while!

Count Bryan and I in! I think our friend Roman from last year will bring his too! He is at Ontario Place Marina (where we have also docked our new to us Houseboat....we plan to live on it during the summers in Toronto!), and I know there are a couple of other Macs kicking it in the area. Will see if I can contact them to join us!

We have a big camping trip on the 24th, so will join ya'll during the week at some point. Wish we could be there for the weekend....would be cool to raft everyone up at Hanlans and party it up! Going to the Wall would be cool too....we have reciprocal! 8) :wink: Still have Toy Yot docked at Toronto Island Marina....LOVE that perk!

See you all then:-)
Hi Cat

Good to hear from you

Look fwd to seeing you Brian/Mr Cat/and big lizard... :P

I will be there 20-27

G