Ontario Sailors Rendezvous 2016

Use this forum to announce, plan, and discuss events, cruises, regattas, shows, sailing destinations, events your club is planning, etc.

Moderators: beene, Hamin' X, tangentair, kmclemore, Catigale, Paul S, Heath_Mod

beene
Site Admin
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Re: 2016 Ontario MacGregor Sailors Rendezvous

Post by beene » Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:59 am

Highlander wrote:OK I,m in Aug 15th to the Aug 22nd , I,m retiring Aug 11th to make this meet happen as it will be my last with my boat before haulin out to the NWP , so for those who have not seen my boat in person this will be ur last chance before I head out to the west coast , It,s always a great meet up with good times & great company & good sailing see u all there :)
ps after a great Sun sailing with Geoff & Rocky & Leon I said to myself I do not want to miss this opportunity to see u all for a good wk of sailing :)

J 8)
Glad to hear you can make it

See you there

G

beene
Site Admin

Post by beene » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:00 am

Chinook wrote:It looks like our timetable won't quite match with your rendezvous plans on Lake Simcoe. We're at Trenton now, and plan to start up the Trent-Severn on 7/21, and are projecting to arrive at Port Severn around August 7, give or take. If anyone's on the Trent when we pass through, give a shout and maybe we can meet up. Have a great time on Lake Simcoe.

Mike and Sandy/Chinook
Sorry we'll miss you

That would have been great to meet up with you as you pass through that lake along your great journey

I went through the Severn years ago, you will love it, It's a must do

Cheers

G

Highlander
Admiral
Location: Maccutter26M 2008 75HP Merc. 4/S Victoria BC. Can. ' An Hileanto'ir III '

Post by Highlander » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:53 pm

Well the time is a going down , Rocky "Dreamer" brought his boat up to my place on his way to Georgian Bay for a few days sailin before the MMOR 2016 on Sat afternoon , so as I was cleaning my Bottom "Hull" he decided to join in so after fighting over who got the hull cleaner first , the use of my water & hose & my Hull Cleaner & a few Beers , he decided to stay over & take up my offer of putting on a Pizza & Anchovies & extra hot shredded jalapeno cheese & drink my beer & wine for Free ! . So after diner My youngest daughter , bro with my 2 granddaughters showed up , & so of course we put on a very small pot chimney fire place for them so as the grand kids could have roasted marshmallows
Next morn. my daughter proceeded to put on about 6 loads of her laundry & make us all breakfast , what a girl Eh . :)
while Rocky & I then proceed to work on the boats helping each other out when needed
afternoon came family left for Wassaga Beach :D
Rocky & I continued workin on the boats so much for going sailing in Georgian Bay for a few days he decided to take advantage of my hospitality :D :D :D
evening came & I made pork ribs & salads & we polished off another bottle of wine
Mon. morn 10am I head off to work while rocky is working on his latest mods in my drive way & he say,s by honey don,t forget to bring more eggs & bacon home for tomorrow,s breakfast !! :? :) :)
Gave him the keys to the house & said lock her before u leave :P
Wed morn Rocky showed back up , Oh and he left his boat in my driveway forgot to mention that ! :D :D :D :P
so we went @ his auto pilot install until I had to leave for work , told him to lock up the house before he left :)
bottom line is how this site brings so many people together in friendship & crewman ship , I know Rocky,s coming back to finish off some more mods Fri, or this wk-end before the MMOR cause his boat is still in my driveway
This turned out to be a great bonus as we were able to assist & help each other out considerably

Thx Rocky

J 8)
Ps don,t forget to return my house keys & my cell PH cable u borrowed LOL :P

beene
Site Admin

Post by beene » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:41 pm

Good story

Glad you guys hooked up :o

Got some work done cleaning each others bottoms :P

Looking fwd to seeing everyone in at the MMOR in a couple days

Cheers

G

Crikey
Admiral
Location: Washago, Muskoka, Ontario, Canada, Earth, Singularity.Suzuki DF60A. Boat name: Crikey!

Post by Crikey » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:35 pm

We'll see you either Monday - Tuesday at the latest. 8)
Dreamer - I want to look at your autopilot .... not your --- aw never mind! :D :D :D

R & G

dreamer
First Officer

Post by dreamer » Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:57 pm

Hey you can look at my autopilot when you get to lagoon city. Finished installing it on Thursday. Funny that what I thought would take me the longest...removing the wheel...took me 30 seconds...go figure!

beene
Site Admin

Post by beene » Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:42 pm

dreamer wrote:Hey you can look at my autopilot when you get to lagoon city. Finished installing it on Thursday. Funny that what I thought would take me the longest...removing the wheel...took me 30 seconds...go figure!
Well that was lucky

Mine did not want to let go

Highlander
Admiral
Location: Maccutter26M 2008 75HP Merc. 4/S Victoria BC. Can. ' An Hileanto'ir III '

Post by Highlander » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:29 am

Well after Tornado warnings thunder storms pouring like crazy rain yesterday I was still able to work on the boat most of the day in the cabin & in the cockpit nice having the full enclosure :) . I know u have to be a little crazy to be doing that in that kinda weather but I want the boat ready for tomorrow
There was one time I got outa the boat when an Amber Alert came on the radio telling everyone to get under cover :o :? & got a good cold shower in the process :D :D :D but did not spill my Scotch :D :D :D

well gonna go hook up my anchor rodes now , see ya all tomorrow @ Lagoon City

J 8)

Crikey
Admiral
Location: Washago, Muskoka, Ontario, Canada, Earth, Singularity.Suzuki DF60A. Boat name: Crikey!

Post by Crikey » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:42 pm

Tuesday's the day for us, but we're definately going to win the dirty boat award this year. At least I can blame the huge weather we've just had for not busting out the pressure washer and scouring off the pine tar. We just did lake Muskoka for three days, but couldn't find Justin Beiber's house and had to come home in some very nasty weather. No sailing this time but lots of empties for the recycle bin. Daughters back in Thailand after a month home, and now rarin to go!
Let the festivities begin .....

R & G 8)

Tomfoolery
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X

Post by Tomfoolery » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:26 am

I just called the marina and they do t have any sailboats. And no reservations for sailboats. Maybe I have the wrong place? Pride marine group in lagoon city? 705 645 9151? Anyone? Beuller? Beuller? :|

I was hooked up and about to go get the boat, which is already folded up, and now I'm wondering if I have the wrong place????

Crikey
Admiral

Post by Crikey » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:10 pm

What's going on Geoff, we didn't pre-book also? :?

R.

dreamer
First Officer

Post by dreamer » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:41 pm

it's lagoon city where we were a couple of years ago Ross.....lots of room ....no reservations needed

dreamer
First Officer

Post by dreamer » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:50 pm

705-996-0989 is phone number....the Mad Men are here and all set up....John's bringing out the spicy rum....we'll make sure he stays out of the water this year

Tomfoolery
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X

Post by Tomfoolery » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:00 am

Standing in my garage, watching a deluge of rain, waiting to hook up and go. :(

Crikey
Admiral

Post by Crikey » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:45 am

Tomfoolery wrote:Standing in my garage, watching a deluge of rain, waiting to hook up and go. :(
Same here Tom! Weather radar indicates a window shortly. We're hoping for a 1pm arrival - rain or shine.
Gabe's hoping your Admiral will be coming along this year.
As our house is only thirty minutes away we are putting out the idea of a BBQ dinner tomorrow night with all participants being welcome. Home cookin!

Ross and Gabe 8)