Mississippi 110, September 13 - 18, 2016

Use this forum to announce, plan, and discuss events, cruises, regattas, shows, sailing destinations, events your club is planning, etc.
FlyboyTR
Engineer
Sailboat: MacGregor 26S

Mississippi 110, September 13 - 18, 2016

Post by FlyboyTR »

We recently found a boating event that is near us. I wanted to post it here on the Mac Forum. It appears this gathering pulls people from all over the US. It starts on Tuesday and completes on Sunday. The last campout on Round Island is very close to the primary launch site in Pascagoula, MS (which is a very nice boat launch!). This gives people the option of bailing out on Saturday if schedules require. The sail is to/between several of the Mississippi barrier islands. The organizers are quick to point out that unlike some events...there is no strict schedule or plan and is designed to allow people to enjoy the various islands at their pace, hang and sail with the group, or find the group towards the end of the day. It appears that some tent camp on the beach while others sleep aboard their boats.

We are planning on launching our Mac on Wednesday (can't make it for Tuesday) and then rendezvousing with the fleet. It look like it has potential. I have been reading and they have a myriad of boats participating. There are also some excellent links on their Facebook page with writeups from previous events. Below is the Facebook group page.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/801912106567809/
fouz
First Officer
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X

Re: Mississippi 110, September 13 - 18, 2016

Post by fouz »

Would like to make it but if we don't take some good video and get as much good info as you can for us :D . I didn't know this was a local group thing as we tried it solo 2 years ago and bad weather stopped us after 1 night. But we really want to make it to ship island to see the fort (by means of our own boat). Did i read it right that this is happening sept 13?
FlyboyTR
Engineer
Sailboat: MacGregor 26S

Re: Mississippi 110, September 13 - 18, 2016

Post by FlyboyTR »

fouz wrote:Would like to make it but if we don't take some good video and get as much good info as you can for us :D . I didn't know this was a local group thing as we tried it solo 2 years ago and bad weather stopped us after 1 night. But we really want to make it to ship island to see the fort (by means of our own boat). Did i read it right that this is happening sept 13?
Hi Fouz!
Hope you have been doing well. We still need to get together and talk Mac boats. We were out on the Bay both Saturday and Sunday. Yes...Sept 13 (a tuesday). We will not be able to join the fleet until Wednesday evening. Take care! OH....sending you a PM.