Forum Home
IntroductionBrowse
Our MacGregorExploringArticlesAbout this Website
ManualsDealer InfoSailing LinksTell a FriendSupport this Website
Forum Home
Blue Water Yachts Marine Marketing

2017 Summer Photos

Use this forum to announce, plan, and discuss events, cruises, regattas, shows, sailing destinations, events your club is planning, etc.

Moderators: Paul S, tangentair, beene, Heath_Mod, Hamin' X, kmclemore, Catigale

2017 Summer Photos

Postby Starscream » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:42 am

Every year about this time I start a thread to post our favorite photos of 2017. Here in the great white north the boat is on the hard and well wrapped up for the next six months, and I'll rely on you Mac-ers closer to the equator and in the southern hemisphere to post photos to keep my spirits up.

Post your favorites from 2017?

I'll start:

I feel that this one captures a lot of what makes the Mac magic for me. The photo was taken at about 9am after we had made our way across the lake in a thick fog with about 200 ft of visibility--an adventure to be sure, but with GPS and local knowledge, not a dangerous one. The boys are exploring the shallows, looking for shells to decorate a sand castle, and the fog is beginning to lift, allowing the sun to sparkle on the wavelets.

Waking up on the boat, finding our way in fog (first time truly out of sight of land), exploring the beach, swimming, frisbee, joined by good friends later on in the day, night time navigation to a new anchorage while giving our kayaker-friend a lift home....what memories for the boys (and parents too!)
Starscream
First Officer

Sailboat: MacGregor 26X

Re: 2017 Summer Photos

Postby Herschel » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:48 pm

What a great idea. Here is a shot at Hontoon State Park on the St. Johns River in Florida. It is one of our favorite overnight destinations. We just cruise down river from our marina in Sanford, spend a few nights, perhaps range farther down river, or not. As the spirit moves us. :)
Herschel
Captain

Postby sailboatmike » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:54 am

Can someone please tell me how I can display a picture from my google drive, I dont seem to have any luck doing it
sailboatmike
Admiral

Postby eodjedi » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:03 am

Don't us google drive, doesn't work. Use imgur.com
eodjedi
Chief Steward

Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Postby Starscream » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:23 am

sailboatmike wrote:Can someone please tell me how I can display a picture from my google drive, I dont seem to have any luck doing it

You can't as far as I can tell; Google Drives isn't a hosting site, only a storage site. There are a few hacks on the web (search embed google drive photos) but nothing I'd want to try.

I use onedrive to host my photos. Here's another one that captures the spirit of the Mac, for me:

This one is at the Boardwalk Motel in Alexandria Bay, NY. It's our favorite overnight dock in the 1000 island region, when we feel the need for a shower and a pool swim instead of anchoring out. That's the Riveredge hotel in the background, which has its own docks and dockmaster, but twice the price and a bit farther from "downtown" A-Bay. From here, Boldt Castle, Singer Castle, Clayton, Rockport, beaches, and even Kingston are all within easy reach.

The Bluegills were biting, with only a bit of cheddar cheese as bait. Spiky little bastards, though. Ouch.
Starscream
First Officer

Postby NiceAft » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:47 am

We had our grandchildren for a week up in Lake George.

Ray
NiceAft
Admiral

Location: Upper Dublin,PA, USA: 2005M 50hp.Honda4strk.,1979 Phantom Sport Sailboat, 9'Achilles 6HP Merc 4strk

Postby C Buchs » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:47 pm

I want to stall a hammock next year. Here's a picture of the moon rising over Mt Hood.

Jeff
C Buchs
First Officer

Postby NiceAft » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:00 pm

C Buchs wrote:I want to stall a hammock next year. Here's a picture of the moon rising over Mt Hood.

Jeff

We also took the boat out on a pirate cruise. Here is the captain and crew ready to cast off :D I don’t know who is showing more bones, me, or my grandson :D :D

If there is a significant other in your life, that person will love the hammock also. Here’s mine.
NiceAft
Admiral

Location: Upper Dublin,PA, USA: 2005M 50hp.Honda4strk.,1979 Phantom Sport Sailboat, 9'Achilles 6HP Merc 4strk

Postby sailboatmike » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:01 pm

Starscream wrote:
sailboatmike wrote:Can someone please tell me how I can display a picture from my google drive, I dont seem to have any luck doing it

You can't as far as I can tell; Google Drives isn't a hosting site, only a storage site. There are a few hacks on the web (search embed google drive photos) but nothing I'd want to try.

See a bit of research pays off

How do I embed Google Photos?
Go to photos.google.com and open any image that you wish to embed in your website. Tap the Share Icon (video tutorial) and then choose Get Link to generate a shareable link for that image. Go to j.mp/EmbedGooglePhotos, paste that link and it will instantly generate the embed code for that picture.Oct 25, 2016
sailboatmike
Admiral

Postby fritz3000g » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:02 pm

Lake Mendota, Wisconsin, after our first family boat- camping trip. 75 Degrees in late October.

fritz3000g
Deckhand

Sailboat: MacGregor 25

Postby NiceAft » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:04 pm

fritz3000g wrote:Lake Mendota, Wisconsin, after our first family boat- camping trip. 75 Degrees in late October.

Now that’s a cute photo.

Ray
NiceAft
Admiral

Postby sailboatmike » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:09 pm

Ok success using Tinypic, but as the pic was portrait I had to resave it on my drive to get it to display properly, anyway

This is the grumpy old bugger that is Sailboatmike (good to be able to put a face to the scribbling) at opening day a few weeks ago, the concerned look on my face was due to having about 30 boat around us, some under sail, some motor sailing , some just under motor so we were just trying to keep clear of everyone as they weaved in and out, it was blowing a good 20 knts

sailboatmike
Admiral

Postby sailboatmike » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:05 pm

Took my 85 year old mother out for her first trip on a REAL sail boat, she had been on one of the tourist repurposed 12 meters in Queensland, but never a real boat.

We took it easy and only used the head sail (did I tell you how much I love my new jib from BWY), still we managed between 2 and 3knts down wind and around 4 at a pretty good angle up hill, heel was never more than about 10 degrees (we cant have a old lady messing her knickers :D ) and that was with 4 adults and 2 kids on board, so very happy

sailboatmike
Admiral

Postby Starscream » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:11 am

Here's one of my favorite pure boat photos from this year...reminds me of the med. just a bit. It's taken from Singer Castle on Dark Island, looking south across the St. Lawrence River to NY state:

Here's one early morning family shot...you can zoom in through the bimini you can see the misty form of another boat that anchored out a bit further in the bay. With their 3ft draft they didn't follow us through the gap in the trees to the really protected area. Not a ripple all night. This one is taken in the bay on Grenadier Island (center) on the same day as the Singer Castle photo above.

And here's another one of my younger brother (who lives on the other side of the country), his first time on the Mac. Trying to look not worried. Mainsheet? Shmainsheet. The boat will round up by itself anyway...
Starscream
First Officer

Postby Sumner » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:47 pm

Last anchorage (beached) on our 2 week Lake Powell trip the end of Sept. beginning of Oct. this fall.

Great trip.

I've got the pictures up,

but not the written report so far....

http://1fatgmc.com/boat/mac-1/2017%20Lake%20Powell-Hite/Trip%20Index.html

Sumner

============================
1300 miles to the Bahamas and back -- 2015

The MacGregor 26-S

The Endeavour 37

Trips to Utah, Wyoming, Idaho, Canada, Florida

Mac-Venture Links
Sumner