Ontario Sailors Rendezvous 2018

Use this forum to announce, plan, and discuss events, cruises, regattas, shows, sailing destinations, events your club is planning, etc.
Highlander
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M
Location: Maccutter26M 2008 75HP Merc. 4/S Victoria BC. Can. ' An Hileanto'ir III '

Ontario Sailors Rendezvous 2018

Post by Highlander »

Dates for Mac meet
July 4th to 16th 2018

I,m flying out to Ontario CAN. to go sailing with Beene & Dreamer , My oldest daughter is stationed in CFB Borden ON until end of July then she,s off to the Buckingham Palace England for the changing of the Guard for a month , youngest daughter & two Gran kids live in TO , so gonna take this opportunity to also have a family reunion at the same time been two yrs since my family were all able to get together at the same time, hopefully we will meet both wk-ends & I,ll go sailing with the boy,s during the week

So anybody interested in joining our group bring ur boat & go sailing with a great bunch of people :)

J 8)
dreamer
First Officer

Re: MMOR 2018 July 4th - 16th

Post by dreamer »

I'm in. Can"t wait to try out my new sails from BWY. It'll be nice having you back here John.
Highlander
Admiral
Location: Maccutter26M 2008 75HP Merc. 4/S Victoria BC. Can. ' An Hileanto'ir III '

Post by Highlander »

dreamer wrote:I'm in. Can"t wait to try out my new sails from BWY. It'll be nice having you back here John.
I might take u up on that Hospitality offer if it,s still open for the nights we r not sleeping on the boats

J :P
dreamer
First Officer

Post by dreamer »

Of course...but I'm hoping to stay on the boat for the most part. Remember to bring your straps for your glasses...you wouldn't want to lose another pair. :)
K9Kampers
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X

Post by K9Kampers »

dreamer wrote: Remember to bring your straps for your glasses...you wouldn't want to lose another pair. :)
Highlander
Admiral

Post by Highlander »

K9Kampers wrote:
dreamer wrote: Remember to bring your straps for your glasses...you wouldn't want to lose another pair. :)
:) I,d have a hard time seeing thro those after I consumed the contends :wink:

Maybe G can post a preferred Location to meet or hook -up

J 8)
NiceAft
Admiral
Location: Upper Dublin,PA, USA: 2005M 50hp.Honda4strk.,1979 Phantom Sport Sailboat, 9'Achilles 6HP Merc 4strk

Post by NiceAft »

Someday I would like to meet up with you guys. Have boat will travel, but on those dates we will be in Singapore, Vietnam, Thailand, and Hong Kong. Maybe next year. I really would like to attend someday. Put some faces on people I have been communicating with for years.

Ray
beene
Site Admin

Post by beene »

Looking forward to it John

Hoping for good sailing weather

Cheers

G
Highlander
Admiral

Post by Highlander »

NiceAft wrote:Someday I would like to meet up with you guys. Have boat will travel, but on those dates we will be in Singapore, Vietnam, Thailand, and Hong Kong. Maybe next year. I really would like to attend someday. Put some faces on people I have been communicating with for years.

Ray
Hi Ray
I heard rumors
http://www.freighter-travel.com/

Do u really pack that much stuff u need a container ! :P
Tell me it,s a MacTainer ! :wink:
One of my oldest daughters friends just done a tour of duty same route & had Hawaii stop over thrown in courteously by the Can. Navy :)
Anyway while we,ll b rockin our Macs I wish u both a great trip
J 8)
NiceAft
Admiral
Location: Upper Dublin,PA, USA: 2005M 50hp.Honda4strk.,1979 Phantom Sport Sailboat, 9'Achilles 6HP Merc 4strk

Re: Ontario Sailors Rendezvous 2018

Post by NiceAft »

The ship is quite a bit larger than our :macm: . :o

As crazy as it sound John, the cost of the cruise for nine days comes to about $92 a day :D it was a crazy deal. Of course air faire to Singapore is not included, but not with the freighter cruise either.

Maybe next year we will make it to Canada :?:

Ray
beene
Site Admin

Post by beene »

Nice boat Ray

But I like mine better 8)

G
NiceAft
Admiral

Post by NiceAft »

I only rent it for nine days Geoff.

It comes with a full compliment to satisfy my needs, wants, and what I did not know I want. :evil:

My :macm: can only handle a crew of six, with me being the chief, cook, and bottle washer. :D

Someday I hope to get it to Canada to visit its cousins.

Ray
Highlander
Admiral

Post by Highlander »

Ray said
My :macm: can only handle a crew of six, with me being the chief, cook, and bottle washer. :D

U need to ask the Admiral if u can get one of these when u come up !
http://www.rentawife.ca/

So as U can relax along with her "Ur Admiral" of course :D :D :D

Now If I find one that can also Crew on a sail boat I,d b more than willing to split the cost with U & seeing as u,d have the Admiral on board ur boat I,d b willing to let the "rent a wife" sleep-over in who ever,s boat I,m sleeping in just out of courteously of coarse :P

J :wink:
sailboatmike
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X

Post by sailboatmike »

Highlander wrote:Now If I find one that can also Crew on a sail boat I,d b more than willing to split the cost with U & seeing as u,d have the Admiral on board ur boat I,d b willing to let the "rent a wife" sleep-over in who ever,s boat I,m sleeping in just out of courteously of coarse :P

I think I have found one for you Highlander, with the added bonus of being able to sail with no water ballast in :P

NiceAft
Admiral

Post by NiceAft »

sailboatmike wrote:
Highlander wrote:Now If I find one that can also Crew on a sail boat I,d b more than willing to split the cost with U & seeing as u,d have the Admiral on board ur boat I,d b willing to let the "rent a wife" sleep-over in who ever,s boat I,m sleeping in just out of courteously of coarse :P

I think I have found one for you Highlander, with the added bonus of being able to sail with no water ballast in :P

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Ray