Prop size question. Suzuki DF 50 AV "Bigfoot"

A forum for discussion of how to rig and tune your boat or kicker to achieve the best sailing performance.
Mscd
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X

Prop size question. Suzuki DF 50 AV "Bigfoot"

Post by Mscd »

Hello
I have a new to me 1999 MacGregor 26 X the boat came with a 1998 8 horsepower Nissan long shaft.
The boat is currently at Paradise marina in Gulf Shores Alabama getting a Suzuki 2015 DF 50 AV Bigfoot installed.
I understand by lurking on this board for a while that a lot of you will think its under powered. But what I'm trying to accomplish is a very economical power sailing boat that I can fish off of and enjoy, speed is really not that big of a concern to me.
However I would like to get the most bang for my buck. I'm getting a stainless steel prop. We have a very good company in Pensacola name accu props that I can take i can take it to later on if fine tuning is needed.
. If one of the experts on here could give me a good starting point I'd be very grateful the boat will be run with a lot of weight most of the time and more than likely with ballast most of the time taking that into consideration could someone recommend a good prop size.
Thanks