Forum Home
IntroductionBrowse
Our MacGregorExploringArticlesAbout this Website
ManualsDealer InfoSailing LinksTell a FriendSupport this Website
Forum Home

Holy Crap! Your still here?? I thought you guys were gone!

A forum for discussing boat or trailer repairs or modifications that you have made or are considering.

Moderators: Paul S, tangentair, beene, Heath_Mod, Hamin' X, kmclemore, Catigale

Holy Crap! Your still here?? I thought you guys were gone!

Postby BOAT » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:43 pm

Huh, so your back?

I came back looking for your guys for about a week, but after that I sort of got the message and stopped coming back. I just figured you guys had moved on - (Hey, I know I'm not everyone's cup of tea - and the people on this site I have met in person sort of mysteriously disappear after they meet me. (I must be pretty weird in person too).

I just assumed you guys went somewhere else forever - like as if that's never happened to me before. One time when I was a kid my family moved to another town and never told me. I kept showing up at the same house for three weeks trying to figure out why there were so many strangers living in my house and then I realized my old family was just trying to get rid of me. It's a good thing the new people took me in - a family of trolls.

Well, since you guys are back here in the same place as before I guess it's okay if I come here too ? - while you were gone for such a long time I started on a whole crap load of mods you might be interested in?

Anyone want to see any pictures of stuff I am making for boat? (Or, if you want me to go away, I understand).
BOAT
Admiral

Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Re: Holy Crap! Your still here?? I thought you guys were g

Postby NiceAft » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:06 pm

Holly crap! You’re back!

Just kidding :)

Ray
NiceAft
Admiral

Location: Upper Dublin,PA, USA: 2005M 50hp.Honda4strk.,1979 Phantom Sport Sailboat, 9'Achilles 6HP Merc 4strk

Postby ris » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:13 pm

Bring on the mods. I am always interested in what you have to say Boat, or at least some of the time, or maybe once in a while, or ....
ris
First Officer

Sailboat: MacGregor 26X

Postby Herschel » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:14 pm

Boat, I had much the same reaction. Went over to another forum for awhile; still go there, too. Made a few new mates over there. The strange part of this is that we had no where to meet up and chat about what was happening. Back in the old days before cell phones, when we took the kids to an amusement park, we always picked a tall structure and said if we got lost, we would meet at that spot. So, if our other sailing buddies "move away" while we are sleeping or over at West Marine, Boat, you can meet me at:
https://forums.sailboatowners.com/index ... -owner.68/ "I'll keep the porch light on for you" 8)
Herschel
Captain

Postby NiceAft » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:28 am

Herschel wrote:Boat, I had much the same reaction. Went over to another forum for awhile; still go there, too. Made a few new mates over there. The strange part of this is that we had no where to meet up and chat about what was happening. Back in the old days before cell phones, when we took the kids to an amusement park, we always picked a tall structure and said if we got lost, we would meet at that spot. So, if our other sailing buddies "move away" while we are sleeping or over at West Marine, Boat, you can meet me at:
https://forums.sailboatowners.com/index ... -owner.68/ "I'll keep the porch light on for you" 8)

I tried it also.

It just wasn't, and isn’t, quite the same.

Ray
NiceAft
Admiral

Location: Upper Dublin,PA, USA: 2005M 50hp.Honda4strk.,1979 Phantom Sport Sailboat, 9'Achilles 6HP Merc 4strk

Postby sailboatmike » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:46 am

Well Boat, to be 100% honest, the site was here all the time, it was just your login that was deactivated.

We needed A cunning plan, as cunning as a fox that graduated the school of cunning
sailboatmike
Admiral

Postby BOAT » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:37 am

Ha! So my log in was linked to a maintenance banner!! Very Tricky! I am too afraid of strangers to go looking elsewhere for you guys so I just spent the time in the workshop trying to figure out mods.
I'm glad I don't need to find new friends to torment -

I am going to post a picture of some"thing" - I will start a new post - the "thing" will be a puzzle - if you can figure out what the "thing" is it will answer what the mod is. It's a common gadget on most sailboats larger that ours and that's the only hint you get.

I will post the picture in a new post.
BOAT
Admiral

Postby Jimmyt » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:43 pm

Wouldn't be the same without you Boat. Nothing more fun than a cranky genius with a slightly twisted sense of humor...
Jimmyt
First Officer

Postby BOAT » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:40 am

You guys are great - it's because I did not have a proper education like the rest of you - and when I finally did make it to college in my late 20's all I could afford was a military school, so that's why I still talk like some street urchin with no class. I guess I'm not really Yacht Club material. (It's a good thing this is not a Yacht Club or I would not be able to get in.)

I was worried you guys started a Yacht Club and were trying to get rid of the riff raff.
BOAT
Admiral

Postby Tomfoolery » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:03 am

BOAT wrote:I was worried you guys started a Yacht Club and were trying to get rid of the riff raff.

I would never join any yacht club that would have me as a member.
Tomfoolery
Admiral

Postby BOAT » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:07 am

Tomfoolery wrote:
BOAT wrote:I was worried you guys started a Yacht Club and were trying to get rid of the riff raff.

I would never join any yacht club that would have me as a member.

Well, I tried, and failed - so I guess I would not either - ?
BOAT
Admiral

Postby sailboatmike » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:13 pm

Well you commoners, what can I say, I was Commodore of our local yacht club for a couple of years, gave it away as the duties made it very hard to have time to actually spend much time on a boat.

We have moved clubs now to one better to sail from and are mere plebs, but the only way we can keep our boat on the hard. To keep the boat on the hard at a private facility costs 4 or 5 times the amount as yacht club storage we pay around $800 per year, private storage for us would be around $3000 but many private yards wont take 26 foot boats, many only take 23 foot maximum
sailboatmike
Admiral

Return to Repairs and Modifications