Forum Home
IntroductionBrowse
Our MacGregorExploringArticlesAbout this Website
ManualsDealer InfoSailing LinksSupport this Website
Forum Home

New Radar Arch

A forum for discussing boat or trailer repairs or modifications that you have made or are considering.

Moderators: Paul S, tangentair, beene, Heath_Mod, Hamin' X, kmclemore, Catigale

Re: New Radar Arch

Postby Highlander » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:57 pm

the Raymarine wind instrument will b re-installed in the same poss. shortly it will b approx 2ft higher than the old single arch height
here is a close up of the three leg mounting base on each side of the stern

J 8)
Highlander
Admiral

Location: Maccutter26M 2008 75HP Merc. 4/S Victoria BC. Can. ' An Hileanto'ir III '
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Postby Gazmn » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:59 am

As usual,... Nice Job Cap'n 8)
Gazmn
Admiral

Location: Bayside, NY '97X, E-tec 115 Pontoon, The "Ollie Gray" & '01 Chevy Tahoe W/ Tow Pkg

Postby BOAT » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:14 am

So you use a traditional wind sensor, huh, :| I thought you were using an ultrasonic wind sensor. Geeze John, I'm still trailering my boat - I don't have my own dock like you do so I want something with no moving parts so I don't need to remove it every time I trailer the boat.

:( I thought you had an ultrasonic sensor - I can't find anyone to help me with an ultrasonic sensor - :(

I will have that Pegasus wind sensor that is supposed to work on a rotating mast tore off the boat pretty soon - anyone that wants to buy it can have it - name your price. (I would recommend some one who understands electronics might want to use it - because I could not get it to work for more than an hour).
BOAT
Admiral

Postby rsvpasap » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:18 pm

This amazingly well-planned and well-executed work and for such a reasonable expense. Interesting and impressive.

Will there be a backstay?
rsvpasap
Deckhand

Sailboat: MacGregor 26X

Postby Highlander » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:21 pm

rsvpasap wrote:This amazingly well-planned and well-executed work and for such a reasonable expense. Interesting and impressive.

Will there be a backstay?

Yes the backstay on it,s traveler which allows the back stay to b adjusted from port to starboard as the mast rotates which keeps a direct aft pull on the mast "not a sideways pull " will b re -installed once I figure out where my VHF, TV, wind, cell ph marine booster antenna,s & radar radome positions r finally decided on so as not to interfere with the backstay movement & 3 solar panels yet to b installed :) along with future dinghy davits :wink:

J 8)
Highlander
Admiral

Location: Maccutter26M 2008 75HP Merc. 4/S Victoria BC. Can. ' An Hileanto'ir III '

Postby dreamer » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:56 am

Solar panels and future dinghy davits? John, you have to let the rest of us catch up on the mods :!: You should get the boat on a scale...I'd love to know the weight.
dreamer
First Officer

Previous

Return to Repairs and Modifications