Continued Water Leaks

A forum for discussing boat or trailer repairs or modifications that you have made or are considering.
Alexis
Engineer
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X

Re: Continued Water Leaks

Post by Alexis »

Tomfoolery wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:12 am Why not? A thin sausage of butyl tape and a couple of minutes with a screwdriver would fix that permanently. 8)
I know, I should have done it already... but I have limited time (three kids) and more important repairs on my list. I still didn't change the outboard gearbox's oil for instance...

I already spend a lot of time on my boat, according to my wife. When thinking to a new name for the boat, my wife suggested "L'emmerdeuse" (the Pain In The Ass)... :D
macowneril2015
Engineer
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X
Location: Downtown Chicago, 2001 26X, 2001 50 Hp Nissan (NS50D2)

Re: Continued Water Leaks

Post by macowneril2015 »

So a little update so anyone who may use this thread in the future will know what the outcome was. I had the rubrail replaced and the inside and outside of the boat "deep cleaned" (boat sat in a heavy machinery yard for 5-10 years and was dirty inside and bilge was nasty from constant water intrusion) and during the deep clean the marina doing it said the only intrusion they had was through two screw holes in the port forward window. Provide the boat is still on dry land as of now the problem seems to be rectified. Boat should be launched and in my slip shortly pending no further delays in the process. Once again thank you to everyone here, without the help this boat would have probably ended up sold or parted out.