New Mainsheet System (Airblock purchase)

A forum for discussing boat or trailer repairs or modifications that you have made or are considering.
prishi
Chief Steward
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

New Mainsheet System (Airblock purchase)

Post by prishi »

Hello,

I'm looking for the 4:1 Mainsheet purchase system as my existing one flew off in bad weather when the shackle pin slipped.
Photo here:- http://shop.bwyachts.com/product-p/3310-000.htm

I placed an order with Bluewater Yachts but it's been a week and I don't see my package. They do not ever pick up their phones either, making me believe their season's over and they've probably packed up for good. :evil: They've also not replied to emails!

Is there a similar place where I could pick up this part? Who makes this?

Being in the North East, my other option was to go to Defender and to pick up something similar.....
https://www.defender.com/product.jsp?pa ... 35&id=2646

Thanks,
Prateek
ramirezpm
Just Enlisted
Sailboat: Venture 25

Re: New Mainsheet System (Airblock purchase)

Post by ramirezpm »

I suspect BWY is merely closed for the 4th of July Holiday. I expect you can reach them next week. They always have great service in the past.
prishi
Chief Steward

Post by prishi »

Yes, they were probably closed for the holiday. They have contacted me with a replacement.
prishi
Chief Steward

Post by prishi »

ramirezpm wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:00 pm I suspect BWY is merely closed for the 4th of July Holiday. I expect you can reach them next week. They always have great service in the past.
I only wish to reiterate that I got a call back from BWY and they were extremely helpful. Infact they answered questions on my Forward Chain Plate, the CDI FF2 and on my DF50 Fuel Line. They took all the time to answer my questions - it was a very pleasant experience!
:macm: