Finally, a wind instrument that will work with a Mac!

A forum for discussing topics relating to MacGregor Powersailor Sailboats
Neo
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Re: Finally, a wind instrument that will work with a Mac!

Post by Neo »

BOAT wrote:I hope Highlander chimes in here and tells us how his aft mounted wind sensor works for him.
Me too :)
MikeFloutier
Chief Steward

Post by MikeFloutier »

Neo wrote:
BOAT wrote:I hope Highlander chimes in here and tells us how his aft mounted wind sensor works for him.
Me too :)
A thought occurred to me. On the "manual" wind vane self-steering devices the "sensor", i.e. the wind vane itself, is located in roughly the same position we're looking at.
BOAT
Admiral

Post by BOAT »

Very true - that is a very astute observation you made.

So where is Highlander when you need him?? :?
Highlander
Admiral
Location: Maccutter26M 2008 75HP Merc. 4/S Victoria BC. Can. ' An Hileanto'ir III '

Post by Highlander »

I have not tried it yet with my new MFD Raymarine unit yet so can,t comment & with my new arch set-up it,s mounted approx 24" higher I,m still in the process of installing all the wiring from the old arch onto the new one & as it,s approx 2ft higher I,m having to trace all that wiring down in the rear aft berth where all the excess wiring has been rolled up into diff locations where they do not interfere with each other an unroll them an additional two feet or more so as I can remount everything , & i,m kinda on hold waiting on some s/s brkt,s I,m havin custom made to mount the radome on

Beene has his mounted on his rear arch also altho not as high as mine so maybe he can chime in with more recent info he has been sending me a lot of pic,s with info on his , I gave him two 16" extensions I made so as he could raise his mast crutch higher so remember his is 16" higher than normal .

J 8)