Looking for easy Mac boarding in campground

A forum for discussing topics relating to MacGregor Powersailor Sailboats

Moderators: Catigale, Paul S, Heath_Mod, beene, Hamin' X, kmclemore, tangentair

tp56ihs
Chief Steward
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X

Re: Looking for easy Mac boarding in campground

Post by tp56ihs » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:00 pm

Thanks for the information . I found a 3 step aluminum ladder at Lowes that will work well.
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Werner-3-Step- ... l/50161565

I like the wide step

Wind Wager :macx:

Bilgemaster
First Officer
Location: Woodbridge, Virginia--"Breakin' Wind" 2001 26X, Honda BF50A 50hp engine

Post by Bilgemaster » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:24 pm

tp56ihs wrote:Thanks for the information . I found a 3 step aluminum ladder at Lowes that will work well.

I like the wide step

So yeah...pretty similar to mine, except mine has metal steps and perhaps other built-in features that apparently, as we've already learned, the orbiting alien host will not allow me to illustrate to you primitive earthling types. My hunch is that it may double as some sort of personal transport beam collector, 'cause I'm pretty sure those little green freaks are showing up when I'm not around and helping themselves to the wife's Malibu rum rotgut. They seem to fancy that canned French Onion dip, too. Pretty awful mix, if you ask me, so we might not be dealing with the top brass here...probably just some kids tired of hanging around the Zerg plinths on the ship all the damned time.
Last edited by Bilgemaster on Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Crikey
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M
Location: Washago, Muskoka, Ontario, Canada, Earth, Singularity.Suzuki DF60A. Boat name: Crikey!

Post by Crikey » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:45 pm

:D

tp56ihs
Chief Steward

Post by tp56ihs » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:28 am

Bilgemaster wrote:
tp56ihs wrote:Thanks for the information . I found a 3 step aluminum ladder at Lowes that will work well.

I like the wide step

So yeah...pretty similar to mine, except mine has metal steps and perhaps other built-in features that apparently, as we've already learned, the orbiting alien host will not allow me to illustrate to you primitive earthling types. My hunch is that it may double as some sort of personal transport beam collector, 'cause I'm pretty sure those little green freaks are showing up when I'm not around and helping themselves to the wife's Malibu rum rotgut. They seem to fancy that canned French Onion dip, too. Pretty awful mix, if you ask me, so we might not be dealing with the top brass here...probably just some kids tired of hanging around the Zerg plinths on the ship all the damned time.
All I can say is "WOW" 8)

Capt Smitty
Deckhand

Post by Capt Smitty » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:51 am

I cut the lower half from an old, bent aluminum ladder. Unevenly, so it would stand straight against the stern. I then attached a board to front legs, an old broom head to the rear legs, and a pair of corks to prevent rubbing on the stern ( I'll replace the cork, it keeps breaking off ). I can brush off my shoes before entering my boat, and it folds for easy storage. Best part is, repurposing that useless aluminum ladder I mangled :)

tp56ihs
Chief Steward

Post by tp56ihs » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:39 pm

8) less landfill!

Doug W
Captain
Location: Prairie Home MO - Galactica - 2010 26M with Etec 60

Post by Doug W » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:24 pm

Clever. I never thought about using the stepladder we carry in the tow beast... we just use the built on boat ladder! :P

tlgeddes
Chief Steward

Post by tlgeddes » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:31 pm

Capt Smitty wrote:I cut the lower half from an old, bent aluminum ladder. Unevenly, so it would stand straight against the stern. I then attached a board to front legs, an old broom head to the rear legs, and a pair of corks to prevent rubbing on the stern ( I'll replace the cork, it keeps breaking off ). I can brush off my shoes before entering my boat, and it folds for easy storage. Best part is, repurposing that useless aluminum ladder I mangled :)

I use a a 3 step that folds flat and fits right between the motor and the rudder. It is a pantry ladder.

dlandersson
Admiral

Post by dlandersson » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:22 am

Yeah, that's what i us in the yard before/after pulling from the water. 8)

I like the wide step

Bilgemaster
First Officer
Location: Woodbridge, Virginia--"Breakin' Wind" 2001 26X, Honda BF50A 50hp engine

Post by Bilgemaster » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:18 am

Capt Smitty wrote:I cut the lower half from an old, bent aluminum ladder. Unevenly, so it would stand straight against the stern. I then attached a board to front legs, an old broom head to the rear legs, and a pair of corks to prevent rubbing on the stern ( I'll replace the cork, it keeps breaking off ). I can brush off my shoes before entering my boat, and it folds for easy storage. Best part is, repurposing that useless aluminum ladder I mangled :)
Repurposing that broken ladder is clever enough, but adding that old broom head as a foot brush rather propels the whole getup into the realm of genius, if I may say so. Seriously, that's using one's noggin for more than just a cap holder, that is.