A forum for discussing topics relating to MacGregor Powersailor Sailboats

Moderators: Catigale, Paul S, Heath_Mod, beene, Hamin' X, kmclemore, tangentair

Currie
Captain
Location: Michigan ---- '04 26M "Take Five" 50HP Suzuki efi 4-stroke

The End of an Era

Post by Currie » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:13 am

Hello Mac Sailor's!

I've seriously enjoyed this community over the years. I've learned soooo much from you all and had a blast sharing info and comparing notes. It's been a while since I've posted, and I confess I haven't found the time to sail my MacM the last couple of seasons. Sadly, now that I'm a bit older, I've decided to put her up for sale and exit the hobby of sailing altogether (luckily, a few years back, my wife thought we should buy a Harley :) ). I wish you all fair winds, and I'll likely lurk here from time to time. I "think" that it's OK to mention that my boat is for sale since I took out an Ad on this site, but I'm not sure. Moderators, please advise. My Ad is here:

http://macgregorsailors.com/cgi-bin/pho ... AdNum=2448 (note: you may have to pause your browser's Ad Blocker if you're using one)
http://www.sononics.com/mac/

Thank you all, and happy sailing!

~Bob Currie
:macm:

Darrin Stubbs
Just Enlisted
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Re: The End of an Era

Post by Darrin Stubbs » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:13 pm

Had a look at your boat on the sonics.com website. Very nice boat and looks like its in great shape. Love the wood on both sides of the aft birth! Plus the swing ladder. Did you do that mod yourself and if so how. Also did you at the wood yourself?

p.s I bought my 2008 M last October otherwise I would be contacting you to try and take this one off your hands. Seriously, nice boat!

RussMT
Admiral

Post by RussMT » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:23 pm

Fair winds.

That is quite possibly the coolest modded Mac ever!

Anyone who wants to be in awe of mod skills should see it.

--Russ

Highlander
Admiral
Location: Maccutter26M 2008 75HP Merc. 4/S Victoria BC. Can. ' An Hileanto'ir III '

Post by Highlander » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:44 pm

Hi Bob
Wish u all well in ur new adventures , sorry to see u go , if u ever get the itch again to sail again give us a call just bring the Pizza & Beer :P

We can not direct the wind . but we can adjust our sails :wink:

J 8)

JotaErre
Chief Steward
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X

Post by JotaErre » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:19 pm

Good luck whatever you do!

RussMT
Admiral

Post by RussMT » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:24 pm

Mac Mod'rs Seriously, you need to check out the mods this man has done.

He make his boat LONGER!.. Moved the cockpit back. And it looks like the factory did it. Fantastic glass work.

And the interior mods are simply fantastic. The bulkhead is gorgeous and he engineered a way to make the interior ladder movable and allow support for the deck. There is so much to learn from his work.

Whoever get this boat is getting a unique masterpiece.

Currie
Captain
Location: Michigan ---- '04 26M "Take Five" 50HP Suzuki efi 4-stroke

Post by Currie » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:33 pm

Geez thanks guys! :? I don't know if I can live up to that!

It's a bummer what Photobucket did to this and other sites - I had a ton of pictures in the discussions. If I can find the originals I'll try to link them again. FWIW, I'll be putting a couple of coats of VC-17m bottom paint on the boat this week. I've also got a few things to tidy up before she's ready to roll away into the sunset. I'm a little bummed that I didn't get to some other fun mods that I have in my drawings. Such is life. Thanks again for the kind words! Fair winds...

~Bob