26M changes by year 2003-2013?

A forum for discussing topics relating to MacGregor Powersailor Sailboats

Moderators: Catigale, Paul S, Heath_Mod, beene, Hamin' X, kmclemore, tangentair

Arbee
Sailboat: Other

26M changes by year 2003-2013?

Post by Arbee » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:45 pm

Hi,

I'm in the market for a 26M (or Tattoo) this year and trying to get a feel for the changes/upgrades that were made to the factory 26M between 2003 and 2013 before the Tattoo.

I know there are a couple of excellent threads on this forum about the various upgrades by year to the 26X, but I've not found anything similar about the M. For example, I note there were changes to the table/dinette, internal windows and (I think) pedestal at various times. Not sure of any other changes though or when exactly they occurred.

Thanks, Robert

Beaverpilot
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Re: 26M changes by year 2003-2013?

Post by Beaverpilot » Fri May 24, 2019 3:38 pm

I have noticed that this was a stagnant post.....

So as far as I can tell these are the changes and options with the :macm:

I do not know the exact year on any of these changes ... its just something that I have noticed in my research.

the galley was up next to the dagger board housing, it moved aft and became the sliding galley.

the stove (alcohol) was an option and the sliding galley may not have one.

the windows have wooden trim around them on some models (option?)

the trailer was changed to aluminum (from steel) some time after 2006

feel free to chime in...

Danhux
Deckhand
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Re: 26M changes by year 2003-2013?

Post by Danhux » Sun May 26, 2019 4:04 pm

We have the 2003 26M, I'll tell you what mine has. Our's came on a black steel trailer, we had a galvanized trailer made last year the way we wanted it. You can search through my post and see pics. The galley is to the right of the dagger board, the head is directly behind the galley. There are large storage compartments under the seats in the cabin area. I'm 5'6" tall and can stand up straight until I step up to go to the head. Mine came with a Suzuki DF50 with 100 hours, it's up to 116 now. There is no inside wood trim around the windows. The electrical wiring had been rewired in the past, I replaced the switch/fuse panel for a rocker/circuit breaker with voltage display. I added a updated 12v/usb power outlet in the galley area by the mirror and added wood trim along the walls inside the cabin to hang on to and to hang ropes and life vest so they aren't crammed in the lockers. Our's came with tons of updates already installed. Roller furler, boom vang, 2 12gal gas tanks, Bimini, a newer main sail (the original doesn't look like it was ever used).
Here is a link to some random photos I've taken on the last few years.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/5xkttW7p51KoJBmQ9