Terminal Fuse Block

A forum for discussing topics relating to MacGregor Powersailor Sailboats

Moderators: Catigale, Paul S, Heath_Mod, beene, Hamin' X, kmclemore, tangentair

Danhux
Deckhand
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Re: Terminal Fuse Block

Post by Danhux » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:30 pm

I like the inclusion of the little bitty outboard Honda engine. Thanks for sharing the diagram. Great details.

yukonbob
Admiral
Sailboat: Other

Post by yukonbob » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:09 pm

Should also add that any sensitive electronics should be on isolated circuit from the engine start when possible. If you’ve got a low start battery or a large motor to crank and unisolated electronics and go to start you could damage them or have them shut down due to low voltage at an inopportune time.

RussMT
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Post by RussMT » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:08 am

After reading more of Calder's book, I'm changing all kinds of stuff and redoing much of the wiring. I'm putting together a shopping list for some rewiring.

Another question:

Is there an easy path to route from the battery compartment (26M) under the ladder to the panel on the companionway port side?

One of my voltage loss challenges seems to be that I have routed cables all the way to the end of the aft berth and then up into the headliner to the panel. This causes a lot of wire length.
I could run it up the side like BOAT with a conduit. I also considered running inside the ladder tubes.

Any other ideas?

--Russ

yukonbob
Admiral
Sailboat: Other

Post by yukonbob » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:37 am

Don’t get too hung up on the length, just go a size or two larger and shoot for between 3-10% v drop. Sometimes that’s just the way ya it is but you also have to consider access for future upgrades and maintenance. It would be better imo if you were a few feet longer in your run but had good access to all cables to troubleshoot should something come up.