Lucky B

For MacGregor/Venture owners in Australia and discussions about country-specific sailing-related topics.
bartmac
Captain

Lucky B

Post by bartmac »

Saw a blue hull 26M anchored in the Twin Towns boatharbour.........lucky B......wish I'd thought of that coinciding with Wintersun......cheap accommodation and right in the thick of things
The Mutt
Captain
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X
Location: Springwood, NSW, devinetemptations.com/macgregor26x.htm

Re: Lucky B

Post by The Mutt »

At the moment I envy anyone who can get out on the water, we are currently splitting our business and selling it off in two chunks, in the meantime we are setting up three new businesses, for the time being I put any spare time I have to modifying Imagine to get ready for our next trip.

Glenn
bartmac
Captain

Post by bartmac »

Yes but getting my partner to brave the weather at the moment.........well not that easy....have installed a hotwater bottle and working on heating BUT all that aside...the boat was sitting off the trailer so we can stop the never ending battle with rust.It's now back on the newly sandblasted trailer with lots of coats of POR15 etc and then numerous coats of some spray on rust preventetive,will see how long that will last.Currently fitting furling,some sort of lazy jacks,grey water tank & pump,airhead compost toilet,solar panels onto the already fitted frame,3 opening porthole/windows c/w flysreens,extra batteries,have to link my autopilot to the GPS,modify the v berth for more room,larger anchor up front and spare ......so hopefully the Hawkesbury or Myall lakes in October????
The Mutt
Captain
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X
Location: Springwood, NSW, devinetemptations.com/macgregor26x.htm

Post by The Mutt »

bartmac, if our business is sold by October we might join you,we love sailing the Myall lakes.

Glenn
Relackson
Deckhand
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Post by Relackson »

Lucky B, sounds like you've got a lot of good stuff (modifications) on the go. Hope you share your information/procedures with us novices. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Stan