X model diagrams

A forum for discussing boat or trailer repairs or modifications that you have made or are considering.
Crikey
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M
Location: Washago, Muskoka, Ontario, Canada, Earth, Singularity.Suzuki DF60A. Boat name: Crikey!

X model diagrams

Post by Crikey »

I wanted to provide some edited drawings of the MacGregor :macx: model for helping plan, or describing changes made by members on this site. Cut or 'save as' any of these images to your computer to later edit, and re-post if it helps you visualize an idea for yourself or others.
Feel free to compete with better diagrams (and other models) to add further utility to our forum.
Ross
Last edited by Crikey on Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Knot Tied Down
Chief Steward
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X

Re: X model diagrams

Post by Knot Tied Down »

Thanks for posting them, I had a copy but it was really poor quality
Tomfoolery
Admiral

Post by Tomfoolery »

Same here. Much cleaner than the ones I have now. 8)

But I have a question about the centerboard - is that the position it's in when it's all the way down? For some reason, I just kind of assumed it hung more vertical, like the daggerboard of an :macm:. But I guess that wouldn't make much sense, as it's very light and wouldn't stay that way on its own if it did hang straight.
Chinook
Admiral

Post by Chinook »

When the centerboard line is fully released on the 26X, the board should indeed drop to a verticle position. The weight of the board, plus the forces exerted on the board while sailing, will keep it in that position. When sailing close hauled, the board should be fully lowered. When sailing on a reach, it's a good idea to partially raise the board, to approximately the angle shown in the diagram.
Don T
Admiral
Location: 95 2600 "SS OTTER" - Portland OR - Tohatsu 50 - Hull#64 (May 95)

Post by Don T »

Hello,
The center board on my X does not lower to full vertical, If yours does then the nose on the top of the board is smooshed or broken.