Cayo Costa trip in FL

Use this forum to announce, plan, and discuss events, cruises, regattas, shows, sailing destinations, events your club is planning, etc.
DaveB
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X
Location: Cape Coral, Florida,1997 Mac. X, 2013 Merc.50hp Big Foot, sold 9/10/15

Cayo Costa trip in FL

Post by DaveB »

We spent 3 days cruiseing To Cayo Costa (56NM round trip) from Cape Coral to meet up with fellow members of the West Coast Trailer Sailers.
We had 33 trailer sailers show up. I was the Fire burner and brought most of the firewood so others could sit around the campfire and tell their story for past 6 mo's.
Water was 76 degrees but I still got in for a few moments, air was 85 degrees.
We had campfires Friday and Sat.
Here is a few pictures.
http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x25/ ... ta%20Trip/
Towing the 9.5 dingy

vizwhiz
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26S

Re: Cayo Costa trip in FL

Post by vizwhiz »

Great pics! Looks like a lot of fun...
How many other Macs were there, besides the 2 X's in the pic? I thought I saw another S/D boat in one of the pics, but hard to tell...
DaveB
Admiral
Location: Cape Coral, Florida,1997 Mac. X, 2013 Merc.50hp Big Foot, sold 9/10/15

Post by DaveB »

One other Mac.S (Mental Floss) they did the 28 nm mile back to ramp with us.
Ck this out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbEJl7hUf1Y

Dave
vizwhiz wrote:Great pics! Looks like a lot of fun...
How many other Macs were there, besides the 2 X's in the pic? I thought I saw another S/D boat in one of the pics, but hard to tell...
bahama bound
Captain

Post by bahama bound »

alright im starting to get frustated !!!! why do we always have to find out after the fact about these trips or get togethers ,i bought my x because i wanted to tag along and now i have the boat and the time ?how come these trips dont get posted ?we just see pics after the fact ????
Keel_Hauled
Chief Steward

Post by Keel_Hauled »

I'm up for a few trips this summer, too. Will have the boat in 'working' order this month and guess it's still useable while I'm making modifications so let's all go somewhere !!!

~K
Herschel
Admiral

Post by Herschel »

alright I'm starting to get frustrated !!!! why do we always have to find out after the fact about these trips or get-togethers ,i bought my x because i wanted to tag along and now i have the boat and the time ?how come these trips don't get posted ?we just see pics after the fact ????
There has been a lot of "chatter" about this and other events on the West Coast Trailer Sailor group on Yahoo. I have just joined the group and have been following this event even though I was not able to attend this time. There are other events planned along the west coast of Florida and discussed daily. I am not able to say exactly how to join up; perhaps some of the old-timers at wctss can advise appropriately. Here is their website: http://ftp.ij.net/wctss/wctss/.
vizwhiz
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26S

Post by vizwhiz »

bahama bound wrote:how come these trips dont get posted ?
DaveB posts about this trip every time it comes up - twice a year... I have to be content to be jealous at the moment, but won't be for long! :wink:
DaveB
Admiral

Post by DaveB »

I did post on this site about the trip. Best way is to go to this site and go to #2 2012 Cayo Costa under photo's. http://members.ij.net/wctss/wctss/
You can also find out were next trips are and when,If you want to become a member you need to contact Ron, cost is $20 a year.
The WCTSS is a major Trailer Sailing club with many active members and a great bunch of fellow sailors.
Dave
bahama bound wrote:alright im starting to get frustated !!!! why do we always have to find out after the fact about these trips or get togethers ,i bought my x because i wanted to tag along and now i have the boat and the time ?how come these trips dont get posted ?we just see pics after the fact ????
bahama bound
Captain

Post by bahama bound »

thanks a bunch , i will join today !!