Tattoo 22

A forum for discussing topics relating to MacGregor Powersailor Sailboats
EZ
Engineer
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Tattoo 22

Post by EZ »

They have a layout view of the boat. After a closer look at the large void under the cockpit, I think I know what it is for. It looks like a portion of the cockpit floor may open up. Fuel locker?
K9Kampers
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X

Re: Tattoo 22

Post by K9Kampers »

On their Facebook page, Tattoo commented:
Tattoo Yachts The green area is currently planned as a fuel tank location. Ahead of that is an icebox under the
companionway.
It would be nice if the strbd area aft of the head were a storage locker accessed via the cockpit...
Steve K
Captain
Sailboat: MacGregor 26D

Post by Steve K »

I like the lines. and what look like the access areas.
Now all they have to do is get rid of the wheel and pedestal, skipper's seat (ie, open stern and tiller), make it about 28 feet long and PROVE to me it's as fast, or faster as my D boat. Throw in a 9.9hp outboard and I'd be ready to buy a third Mac :wink:

Not saying there is anything wrong with it. It looks like a great boat. The light weight construction method sounds great.
I've had an X boat and now a D boat and I just always hoped they would build a slightly longer, yet light weight sailboat in the traditional sense. Just preference you know.
I am getting older, so the smaller size and simplicity could be a benefit as far as rigging, trailing and care goes. But remembering my Catalina 22, it was pretty tiny inside. And really tiny when the big waves came.

They will, likely sell thousands of these in any case.

Best Breezes,
SK
Catigale
Site Admin
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X
Location: Admiral .............Catigale 2002X.......Lots of Harpoon Hobie 16 Skiffs....Island 17

Post by Catigale »

I hope they do. Anyone with the cajones to go into the boat biz has my respect ( no offense meant Laura)