Mac-less

A forum for discussing topics relating to MacGregor Powersailor Sailboats
Wind Rider
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Re: Mac-less

Post by Wind Rider »

I don't want to hijack the thread but I might as well say hello...

I am Dave, the new owner of "Nice Aft". After some 4800 kms and 6 days of driving she is safely moored in skyline marina, Richmond, BC. I haven't caught up on my sleep yet. I am keeping this brief. Pics and adventure stories to follow.

So excited to be joining the noble ranks of Mac sailors!

Robert: what a let down! I suspect there is going to be an even better boat coming.
 ! Moderator Note:
To welcome the new member and prevent thread drift for the current topic, please use this new topic.

http://www.macgregorsailors.com/forum/v ... =9&t=25738

Thanks,

~Rich---Hamin' X~
yukonbob
Admiral
Sailboat: Other

Post by yukonbob »

Ya onto boat #2. I should have known the first was too good to be true. Ah well! Can you believe after my surveyor determined teh decks were shot, and I determined there were massive underlying issues with the rigging not to mention the genny tracks were pulling out of the boat an corroded by almost 75% through, the broker went back, found a survey from 2011 and tried to convince me that there were no issues. :D :D :D I'm still laughing about it! I guess I can tell you it was a Young Sun 35 AKA Westwind 35, Annapolis 35, Windward 35 and a couple more names they were marketed after. Nice boat, owner(s) just looked after the wrong items. Oh well, time to move to a higher pedigree and possibly stateside. Also looking at a backup project boat :? ya? just in case we don't find our cruiser to keep us in the water while we keep looking.
NiceAft
Admiral
Location: Upper Dublin,PA, USA: 2005M 50hp.Honda4strk.,1979 Phantom Sport Sailboat, 9'Achilles 6HP Merc 4strk

Post by NiceAft »

Bob,

Good luck in the hunt.

I have to tell you, when I first saw the name of your Mac, I was a little startled. I did not realize there were two Nice Afts on the site.

Dave,

Great name (Nice Aft, Daves OK :wink: ), don't change it, it turns heads :D

Ray
yukonbob
Admiral

Post by yukonbob »

Not to mention when being boarded by the USCG for inspection when the have to radio vessel name back to HQ :D
Either way our next boat will be a double ender and we've thrown around 'Nicer Aft' for the new name but we'll see :D that's a subjective name though.
NiceAft
Admiral
Location: Upper Dublin,PA, USA: 2005M 50hp.Honda4strk.,1979 Phantom Sport Sailboat, 9'Achilles 6HP Merc 4strk

Post by NiceAft »

yukonbob wrote:Not to mention when being boarded by the USCG for inspection when the have to radio vessel name back to HQ :D
Either way our next boat will be a double ender and we've thrown around 'Nicer Aft' for the new name but we'll see :D that's a subjective name though.
I always thought if I get another boat, it would be called “Nicer Aft” :D

Ray
Starscream
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X

Post by Starscream »

Sorry, but since you sold the Mac for another boat, you have to name her "not quite as nice aft" or maybe "almost as nice aft". You could try "slower aft" or maybe "fatter aft"? "fat aft"? "silly aft"?
NiceAft
Admiral

Post by NiceAft »

Starscream wrote:Sorry, but since you sold the Mac for another boat, you have to name her "not quite as nice aft" or maybe "almost as nice aft". You could try "slower aft" or maybe "fatter aft"? "fat aft"? "silly aft"?
I named my boat for my wife :D With those names, what are you suggesting to Bob :evil:

Ray
Starscream
Admiral

Post by Starscream »

NiceAft wrote:
Starscream wrote:Sorry, but since you sold the Mac for another boat, you have to name her "not quite as nice aft" or maybe "almost as nice aft". You could try "slower aft" or maybe "fatter aft"? "fat aft"? "silly aft"?
I named my boat for my wife :D With those names, what are you suggesting to Bob :evil:

Ray

JUST THE BOAT, JUST THE BOAT! Not the wife.

But, if I understand correctly Bob left the Mac community for a bigger boat. Not a better boat, nor a faster boat, just bigger. So the obvious choice is "Big Aft"
Tomfoolery
Admiral

Post by Tomfoolery »

After-thoughts.
Crikey
Admiral
Location: Washago, Muskoka, Ontario, Canada, Earth, Singularity.Suzuki DF60A. Boat name: Crikey!

Post by Crikey »

WR, nice to have you with us!

I guess you're doing the re-naming ceremony next....

Sail on Dude. 8)

R.
yukonbob
Admiral

Post by yukonbob »

Fat Aft heh... :P
Jimmyt
Admiral

Post by Jimmyt »

Kiss My Aft?
Tomfoolery
Admiral

Post by Tomfoolery »

Since it's almost certainly a white boat, as most are, how about My Big White Aft?

Unless you're naming it after the admiral (again), in which case, uh, don't do that. :?
yukonbob
Admiral

Post by yukonbob »

All excellent ideas. The admiral named the Mac so I'll throw these by her and see what she says :D
sailboatmike
Admiral

Post by sailboatmike »

IF I named my boat after ny Ex Wife it would be "Saggy Aft" :D

This is a true story, when we picked the boat up my friend thought a good name for her would be "Fat Ass" (the boat not the Ex wife)

After much thought we went for "SeaYaLater", sure those cramped up boys that love racing and have to drink coffee from a thermos while they are out could beat us around the cans, but when the race is over we alway get back to the dock before them for beers, yelling SeaYaLater as we pass them with their 6Hp motors screaming doing 5knts :P