Marine Boat Storage Victoria BC

A forum for discussing topics relating to MacGregor Powersailor Sailboats
Highlander
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M
Location: Maccutter26M 2008 75HP Merc. 4/S Victoria BC. Can. ' An Hileanto'ir III '

Marine Boat Storage Victoria BC

Post by Highlander »

Hi All

Looking for marine boat storage in Victoria BC , will be comin out there in approx 2 wks with boat & trk & store boat , then fly back to Ontario , rent a car for 2 wks while I get the movers in pack my stuff & fly back to Vic BC after closing Oct 11th
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated

J 8)
Whipsyjac
First Officer
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X
Location: White Rock, B.C. 96 26X Hull#486 96Merc ELPT 50HP 4 Stroke

Re: Marine Boat Storage Victoria BC

Post by Whipsyjac »

I can't wait to see you on the water here.

No specific storage suggestions for you sorry.

Try posting on mycbc.ca. You can get on the forum before you move here join up and fly our awesome burghee
Crikey
Admiral
Location: Washago, Muskoka, Ontario, Canada, Earth, Singularity.Suzuki DF60A. Boat name: Crikey!

Post by Crikey »

We've got a great selection for you here in Lagoon City John! You could commute to BC in the meantime.

:( :( :( :cry:
Max Entropy
Engineer

Post by Max Entropy »

Lots of places around Victoria, in water or on the hard. Slips for 26' boats generally easy to find. Canoe Cove

http://www.canoecovemarina.com/

and Westport

http://www.thunderbirdmarine.com/westport-marina.php

generally have space in both categories near Sidney (Tsehum Harbour), which is the best place for access to cruising waters, and is close ( < 10 minutes) to both to Victoria airport, YYJ, and the Vancouver ferry. Need more info can contact me direct.

Cheers -
Highlander
Admiral
Location: Maccutter26M 2008 75HP Merc. 4/S Victoria BC. Can. ' An Hileanto'ir III '

Post by Highlander »

Max Entropy wrote:Lots of places around Victoria, in water or on the hard. Slips for 26' boats generally easy to find. Canoe Cove

http://www.canoecovemarina.com/

and Westport

http://www.thunderbirdmarine.com/westport-marina.php

generally have space in both categories near Sidney (Tsehum Harbour), which is the best place for access to cruising waters, and is close ( < 10 minutes) to both to Victoria airport, YYJ, and the Vancouver ferry. Need more info can contact me direct.

Cheers -
Thx Sorry for the delay answering been very busy packing have to be out of my house in 2 wks , sold in 10 days lol now in Brandon MB with my boat heading to Victoria then fly back home on Oct 2nd for the movers

:) J
Highlander
Admiral

Post by Highlander »

Whipsyjac wrote:I can't wait to see you on the water here.

No specific storage suggestions for you sorry.

Try posting on mycbc.ca. You can get on the forum before you move here join up and fly our awesome burghee
Thx , will be busy for a while once I get out there getting organised

Max Entropy
Engineer

Post by Max Entropy »

Thx Sorry for the delay answering been very busy packing have to be out of my house in 2 wks , sold in 10 days lol now in Brandon MB with my boat heading to Victoria then fly back home on Oct 2nd for the movers

Excellent - definitely a good move! 8)

:macm:
Highlander
Admiral

Post by Highlander »

Hi All
I,m here boats now in storage in Victoria , fly back home on the Oct. 2nd for the movers then fly back to Vic on Oct 12th to get moved in eventually when my stuff arrives then get organized lol , then can start relaxing & enjoy retirement :)

J 8)
Highlander
Admiral

Post by Highlander »

on my way over the Rockies east of Revelstoke BC I met another p/u trk coming towards me going through construction towing a white Mac 26M , I waved to them as we passed each other so do not know if they noticed me lol.
was wondering if it was someone from this site , was talking to Terry he said it might have been someone from his club from the Calgary area !

8) J
Max Entropy
Engineer

Post by Max Entropy »

They must have been lost or compass not working - heading the wrong way... :D
Crikey
Admiral
Location: Washago, Muskoka, Ontario, Canada, Earth, Singularity.Suzuki DF60A. Boat name: Crikey!

Post by Crikey »

If he had a white hull he must have been keeping to the speed limit. :D
It's a shame we were not able to link up John. We've had an amazing trip to the coast, even if it was the cooler time of year and now we're taking our sweet time on the long trek home. Got time for an overnight dinner when you come back to close the house?

R.
Tomfoolery
Admiral

Post by Tomfoolery »

The boat has safely reached its destination, so the important stuff has been handled. 8)

Now you just have to get yourself to your boat. :wink:
Highlander
Admiral

Post by Highlander »

FYI
With my trk 2007 Ford F-150 5.4 V-8 packed full of boat stuff & a 10ft walker bay dinghy on the roof & towing my 2008 Mac 26M on its Alum. trl , so I was loaded heavy LOL :D
My trip took me 5 days , fuel cost was approx $1.414 Can Dollars, average speed 100km/h "120 km/h when passing other vehicles on short passing zones " Trip was approx 4565 km
got an extra 100km on a tank of gas when I was able to use tranny in overdrive :)

4 days I drove approx 15hrs a day stopping only for fuel pits stops , get going in the morn after quick breakfast sip on bottle water & snacks all day while driving only stopping for fuel & construction delays , end of each day trip usually around 22.00-22.30hrs each night then coctails & dinner sleep approx 5hrs a night then hit the road in the early morn

See what U all missed including two Moose , two Black Bears & a young Bald headed Eagle :) :P

J 8)
beene
Site Admin

Post by beene »

So now you know what to plan for when you trailer back for MMOR 2017!

8)

G
Tomfoolery
Admiral

Post by Tomfoolery »

:D :D :D :D :D :D