Captain

Salvage 26M on auction

Post by Seapup »

npsrangerchuck
Chief Steward
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Re: Salvage 26M on auction

Post by npsrangerchuck »

Interesting- neither one looks to be a total loss, so I'm wondering why the owners allowed them to be salvaged.... then again, maybe their houses were a higher priority and they were thankful to get insurance settlements on the boats....
sailboatmike
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X

Post by sailboatmike »

Maybe a case of all the boat repairers are booked up for years to come so the cant be repaired in a timely manner.
dlandersson
Admiral

Post by dlandersson »

Harvey, IL? That's near moi!!! 8)

quote="Seapup"]

And another from harvey

http://usauctions.com/ItemDetails.aspx?ID=10213[/quote]
npsrangerchuck
Chief Steward

Post by npsrangerchuck »

sailboatmike wrote:Maybe a case of all the boat repairers are booked up for years to come so the cant be repaired in a timely manner.
Excellent point! Well somebody ought to be scooping these two up!
Ixneigh
Admiral

Post by Ixneigh »

The white one looks too clean inside to have been sunk
Ix
LoHo
Chief Steward
Sailboat: Venture 2-22

Post by LoHo »

They may have been submerged in the driveway. If drained quickly, they may not show much damage. I imagine there are a ton of cars/boats/motorcycles that are going to be totaled from water damage that might be repairable. Could a 26 lift its trailer in a flood? I mean, float low, but still float?
sailboatmike
Admiral

Post by sailboatmike »

LoHo wrote:They may have been submerged in the driveway. If drained quickly, they may not show much damage. I imagine there are a ton of cars/boats/motorcycles that are going to be totaled from water damage that might be repairable. Could a 26 lift its trailer in a flood? I mean, float low, but still float?
Yes very easily, the standard trailer weight is only around 700lbs (320kg), thats like having 4 average sized people on board or in my case 3 of me :D

Without ballast in it would still float above its waterline (normal water ballast is around 1400lbs (650kg), with ballast in it would maybe float 2 inches lower than its unladen water line at worst.
Bilgemaster
First Officer
Location: Woodbridge, Virginia--"Breakin' Wind" 2001 26X, Honda BF50A 50hp engine

Post by Bilgemaster »

Three grand for an M that took a bit of water sure doesn't sound too bad to me. My little Com-Pac 16 "Foundling" had a flooded cabin for who knows how many years before her "rescue"--a wooden cabin at that, and she's fine now. Someone likely did well, and I look forward to hearing from them here.
mrron_tx
First Officer

Post by mrron_tx »

I can only say that My M will float the trailer at the ramp... until it turns loose. But I have the standard Mac trlr with second axles. Ron. BTW.... My Son lives in far west Houston and had almost four foot of water in His house.... but only after the Barker Cypress Res was allowed to be fully opened :evil: :evil: :evil: :!: :!: :!: