A Mac with optional equipment

A forum for discussing topics relating to MacGregor Powersailor Sailboats
paul I
First Officer
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X
Location: Niagara Falls, NY 2000 26X w/Honda BF50 "NoneShallPass"

A Mac with optional equipment

Post by paul I »

Wow check out the optional equipment. Mine didnt come with one of those.

https://youtu.be/7jIUSCzdz9s
K9Kampers
Admiral

Re: A Mac with optional equipment

Post by K9Kampers »

She's got as many bikinis as did Stephanie of s/v Empty Pockets a few years ago! 8)
sailboatmike
Admiral

Post by sailboatmike »

The problem with extras like that is when they get old and out of date they are very expensive to replace when they stop functioning as you would like, and if you get a newer model while the old one is still installed it just causes havoc.

Of course with fine equipment like this one also has to consider the day to day running costs which may be very high never mind the on going maintenance. Also I believe in some places if and when you replace them you still have to pay ongoing maintenance.
NiceAft
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M
Location: Upper Dublin,PA, USA: 2005M 50hp.Honda4strk.,1979 Phantom Sport Sailboat, 9'Achilles 6HP Merc 4strk

Post by NiceAft »

My :macm: came equipped with much better equipment, my wife. Over forty-three years with me, and still going strong. That’s dependability, quality, and all in an attractive package. 8) :)

Ray
dlandersson
Admiral

Post by dlandersson »

LOL - but a cute video - note that's it's a white hull :wink:
sailboatmike wrote:The problem with extras like that is when they get old and out of date they are very expensive to replace when they stop functioning as you would like, and if you get a newer model while the old one is still installed it just causes havoc.

Of course with fine equipment like this one also has to consider the day to day running costs which may be very high never mind the on going maintenance. Also I believe in some places if and when you replace them you still have to pay ongoing maintenance.
kmclemore
Site Admin
Location: Ambler, PA -- MACX2018A898 w/ Tohatsu 50D -- 78 BW Harpoon 4.6 -- 2018 Tahoe 550TF w/ 150 Merc

Post by kmclemore »

I prefer the older models. They require a bit more lubrication, but they run quieter, longer and more smoothly, plus they require far less regular maintenance and upkeep.
DaveC426913
Admiral

Post by DaveC426913 »

Can I order one from BWY?
Baha
First Officer

Post by Baha »

Just make sure you get a complete survey first. These are known to become very expensive when undetected problems crop up later. I was lucky in that I stumbled onto a great one, mostly by dumb luck!

Oh, and be sure to budget for add-ons. These are financially ruinous, especially when you cannot move them off the boat when they have become too old to properly still be installed.
sailboatmike
Admiral

Post by sailboatmike »

To be 100% honest I did have a similar model a few years ago but having one like that was the only thing I have ever known that consumed money faster than a boat.
dlandersson
Admiral

Post by dlandersson »

:D :D :D

Baha wrote:Just make sure you get a complete survey first. These are known to become very expensive when undetected problems crop up later. I was lucky in that I stumbled onto a great one, mostly by dumb luck!

Oh, and be sure to budget for add-ons. These are financially ruinous, especially when you cannot move them off the boat when they have become too old to properly still be installed.
Highlander
Admiral
Location: Maccutter26M 2008 75HP Merc. 4/S Victoria BC. Can. ' An Hileanto'ir III '

Post by Highlander »

Well I seen her "flaws" right away !
#1 she was drinkin his beer a no no ! #2 did,nt see her cook #3 decks were dirty so she does,nt clean ship #4 the reason she most likely has all these bikini,s is because she does,nt do laundry either ! #5 did not see her givin him a nice massage or applying sun screen #6 no mention of her servicing the other er equipment !

As Ray say,s u r better off if u r in for the long haul :) beauty is in the eye of the beholder !

Guess I,ll just have too stick with my blow-up dolls & wish for wk-end rentals ! :D :D :D :D

J 8)
sailboatmike
Admiral

Post by sailboatmike »

Highlander wrote:Guess I,ll just have too stick with my blow-up dolls & wish for wk-end rentals ! :D :D :D :D

J 8)
Highlander, just couple of quick questions, Do those blow up dolls go down on you ??

Do you carry a puncture repair kit??

I have a issue with my inflatable dinghy it goes soft in the winter but stays hard in the warmer months, do you have the same problem??
Highlander
Admiral
Location: Maccutter26M 2008 75HP Merc. 4/S Victoria BC. Can. ' An Hileanto'ir III '

Post by Highlander »

sailboatmike wrote:
Highlander wrote:Guess I,ll just have too stick with my blow-up dolls & wish for wk-end rentals ! :D :D :D :D

J 8)
Highlander, just couple of quick questions, Do those blow up dolls go down on you ??

Do you carry a puncture repair kit??

I have a issue with my inflatable dinghy it goes soft in the winter but stays hard in the warmer months, do you have the same problem??
Nope that,s not an issue for me as I buy the H & H models & as I,m H & H we both H_rd all yr ! I also go for the howling models makes the other guy,s jealous & their other half,s sitting up all night to try & catch an eye on who,s coming & going on my boat all night long !!! while I,m screaming Oh Lassie ur sooo good to me lol !!! , I get asked the next day so John when r we gonna see ur new Scottish G/F :o :D :D :D :D

J 8)
NiceAft
Admiral
Location: Upper Dublin,PA, USA: 2005M 50hp.Honda4strk.,1979 Phantom Sport Sailboat, 9'Achilles 6HP Merc 4strk

Post by NiceAft »

If the boat’s ah-rocking, don’t come ah-knocking :!: :wink:

Ray
K9Kampers
Admiral

Post by K9Kampers »

sailboatmike wrote:I have a issue with my inflatable dinghy it goes soft in the winter but stays hard in the warmer months, do you have the same problem??
Yer inflatable dinghy goes flat in the off season due to lack of use. For optimum readiness and performance, the prudent mariner shall maintain their dinghy with regular maintenance, including cleaning, movng it about and conducting boarding & handling exercises for both recreational and emegency situations. 8)