Thank You Health for getting the forum working again

A forum for discussing topics relating to MacGregor Powersailor Sailboats
kmclemore
Site Admin
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X
Location: Ambler, PA -- MACX2018A898 w/ Tohatsu 50D -- 78 BW Harpoon 4.6 -- 2018 Tahoe 550TF w/ 150 Merc

Re: Thank You Health for getting the forum working again

Post by kmclemore »

BOAT wrote:Honestly Heath – I must admit I gave up on you guys – I just figured the site was gone right along with the factory so I sort of deleted my links and stuff ...
Oh, ye of little faith.
BOAT
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Post by BOAT »

kmclemore wrote:
BOAT wrote:Honestly Heath – I must admit I gave up on you guys – I just figured the site was gone right along with the factory so I sort of deleted my links and stuff ...
Oh, ye of little faith.
How true
March
Captain

Post by March »

Amen
dustoff
Chief Steward

Post by dustoff »

I noticed that the forum search still only goes back about 12 months. Is that functionality gone forever? There's such a treasure of comments and discussions, I hope he can fix that.
Hamin' X
Site Admin
Location: Hermiston, OR-----------2001 26X DF-50 Suz---------------(Now Sold)

Post by Hamin' X »

dustoff wrote:I noticed that the forum search still only goes back about 12 months. Is that functionality gone forever? There's such a treasure of comments and discussions, I hope he can fix that.
That is on his bucket list, as well as a major update to the entire forum software. In the meantime, when doing a Google search, using "<search term> site:macgregorsailors.com" works very well.

~Rich
Goldenist
Just Enlisted

Post by Goldenist »

Great site, and thank you!

If money is a concern, why is there no advertising on the site?

The site definitely generates enough traffic for it to be of value to BWY, West Marine or others.

Just a thought..
beene
Site Admin

Post by beene »

Thanks Heath

Great work

Very happy to see the site up and running again.

I'll tell Highlander he can leave rehab now :D

G
Highlander
Admiral
Location: Maccutter26M 2008 75HP Merc. 4/S Victoria BC. Can. ' An Hileanto'ir III '

Post by Highlander »

Thx Heath,

I,ll call Ray "Niceaft" he,ll b relieved :D

Yep with the rainy weather lately was not getting as much work on the boat done as I wanted my Radar arch is now mounted workin on the position of the radome , wiring is re routed back to the trans from the gunnels & no site too chat or post my up-dates "Rehab" was my only option lol :) , but Ray did try to cheer me up :)

Yep I guess it,s time for another donation , wonder if I can check on this site when I last did ! but must b coming due soon !
Hi G ,
nice sailin vid u sent me yesterday :wink:

J 8)
Highlander
Admiral
Location: Maccutter26M 2008 75HP Merc. 4/S Victoria BC. Can. ' An Hileanto'ir III '

Post by Highlander »

BOAT wrote:
kmclemore wrote:
Oh, ye of little faith.
How true
That kind of treasonous talk will get u 40 lashes , walk the plank with a pork chop tied around ur neck & feed u to the sharks so as they do not spit u back out ! :)

But I,m sure if u agree to buy the hot chicken wings & deluxe pizza with anchovies & supply all the beer :P

A pardon maybe considered :wink:

J 8)
PS notice I said Maybe ! :)
BOAT
Admiral

Post by BOAT »

Are you mounting a wind sensor to that arch?
JotaErre
Engineer

Post by JotaErre »

Thank you, Heath!
Bilgemaster
First Officer
Location: Woodbridge, Virginia--"Breakin' Wind" 2001 26X, Honda BF50A 50hp engine

Post by Bilgemaster »

dustoff wrote:I noticed that the forum search still only goes back about 12 months. Is that functionality gone forever? There's such a treasure of comments and discussions, I hope he can fix that.
For now, here's a workaround until Heath & Co. can herd those digital ducklings back into line: Just tack "site:https://www.macgregorsailors.com/forum/" (without quotes and no spaces) into any Google search. That'll grab most everything from these Forums. Here's an example that searches for the word "Baofeng" (the name of the Chinese radio manufacturer that makes cheapo handheld programmable transceivers that can be easily programmed to serve as handy backup Marine Band and NOAA Weather radios, while also receiving regular broadcast FM stations):

baofeng site:https://www.macgregorsailors.com/forum/

Please note that to view the fullest possible search results one should click the "repeat the search with the omitted results included" option link at the foot of the Google results webpage.

This search technique isn't always 100% comprehensive, but will usually do the trick.
JotaErre
Engineer

Post by JotaErre »

Thank you!
Russ
Admiral

Post by Russ »

Thank you for all your efforts to keep this site up.

BTW, no more banner ads?

--Russ
Catigale
Site Admin
Location: Admiral .............Catigale 2002X.......Lots of Harpoon Hobie 16 Skiffs....Island 17

Post by Catigale »

BOAT wrote:Honestly Heath – I must admit I gave up on you guys – I just figured the site was gone right along with the factory so I sort of deleted my links and stuff then someone sent me an email that the site was back up – otherwise I probably would have never known and would have just moved on.

I must say that I am glad that you still support this project with your time – I can’t imagine you making any money on this as I assume it’s an all-volunteer effort on your part that probably costs you every year. I just bought a thousand dollars worth of gas tanks from BWY this week and I will make it a point the next time I talk to Ezra to remind him about the fact that I would not be spending my money at BWY if not for the referrals from Jimmy Alonzo and others on this site.

Anyways, I did make another donation as soon as I got word that the site was indeed still active.

Thanks for doing this site for us – it’s a great favor you do for this small community.

m
Damn, he found us again.... :D :D :D