Another water ballasted trailer sailer

A forum for discussing topics relating to MacGregor Powersailor Sailboats
danc1957
Just Enlisted
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X

Another water ballasted trailer sailer

Post by danc1957 »

I spotted something interesting of a recent issue of Sail Magazine, looks like a company called Ventura Sport Boats is getting ready to produce the Ventura 2300.
Its very similar to the 26M/X boats.
URL: https://venturasportboats.com/ventura-2300/
Possibly they are picking up the slack from the absence of Tattoo & MacGregor...
Gazmn
Admiral
Location: Bayside, NY '97X, E-tec 115 Pontoon, The "Ollie Gray" & '01 Chevy Tahoe W/ Tow Pkg; AL 2X Trlr.

Re: Another water ballasted trailer sailer

Post by Gazmn »

Here we go again :P

Imitation is the greatest form of flattery...
K9Kampers
Admiral

Post by K9Kampers »

Don't get your hopes up - that information is four years old. The company has only produced the Malbec 18.

Heraldo Norberto Ruesch, designer of the Malbec 18, recently said about the Ventura 2300:
I do not know the development of the boat
Due to lack of commercial loyalty from my partner, I separated from the company.
The company lacks the information and technical supervision to complete it.
Jimmyt
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Post by Jimmyt »

Both boats look very similar to other offerings. The 18 reminds me of a Potter and the 23 looks a lot like the Tattoo 22. Too bad they apparently won’t be making them. Depending on price point, it might have filled the Macgregor/Tattoo gap.
dlandersson
Admiral

Post by dlandersson »

Interesting. Be nice to see a production model ... 8)

danc1957 wrote:I spotted something interesting of a recent issue of Sail Magazine, looks like a company called Ventura Sport Boats is getting ready to produce the Ventura 2300.
Its very similar to the 26M/X boats.
URL: https://venturasportboats.com/ventura-2300/
Possibly they are picking up the slack from the absence of Tattoo & MacGregor...
JotaErre
Engineer

Post by JotaErre »

It looks like the web has disappeared.
Arbee
Sailboat: Other

Post by Arbee »

The web site disappeared just a few days ago. I hope that means it's being updated not disbanded. In the absence of new Macs or Tattoo 22s I thought, on paper at least, this looked like the perfect spec for a water ballasted powersailer. I did note a couple of months ago there was a post somewhere that said "from $49,500", not sure what the "from" included. Without mass production, and with second hand Macs around, the fully optioned "ready to sail/motor" price point might be hard to digest. Their little Malbec seemed to be going well, but you can't believe everything you read....

Anyway, fingers crossed we get something new in this space on the market. I was also looking at the Imexus 28 but slightly too wide for Oz roads and slightly too heavy for most marinas here to happily store and launch (and not to mention rather pricey landed new in Oz from Poland). Also perhaps a little big for just the two us 90% of the time.

So, a late model blue hulled 26M is our most likely outcome it seems. if anyone has one in Oz in genuinely great condition without any major DIY mods please feel free to sing out.
Neo
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Post by Neo »

Arbee wrote:The web site disappeared just a few days ago. ...
Anyway, fingers crossed we get something new in this space on the market. I was also looking at the Imexus 28 but slightly too wide for Oz roads and slightly too heavy for most marinas here to happily store and launch (and not to mention rather pricey landed new in Oz from Poland). Also perhaps a little big for just the two us 90% of the time.

So, a late model blue hulled 26M is our most likely outcome it seems. if anyone has one in Oz in genuinely great condition without any major DIY mods please feel free to sing out.
For what it's worth that website is back up again.

Arbee, where abouts are you in Oz? ... I'm on the Central Coast NSW. I'm not selling my Mac (it's an older Mac and I love it too much lol!) but I do see most (if not all lol!) adds for Macgregor's here. Can forward adds as they pop up.

All the best.
Neo
Arbee

Post by Arbee »

Neo wrote:For what it's worth that website is back up again.

Arbee, where abouts are you in Oz? ... I'm on the Central Coast NSW. I'm not selling my Mac (it's an older Mac and I love it too much lol!) but I do see most (if not all lol!) adds for Macgregor's here. Can forward adds as they pop up.

All the best.
Neo
Thanks Neo, I note he's removed all of his social media links from the site and it still says "for Fall 2018 delivery" so no content updates. I've seen his photos of a joined hull and deck so there is at least one in progress.

I'm in Melbourne so would certainly appreciate the heads up on anything coming up for sale.

Cheers and happy new year!

Robert
Gazmn
Admiral
Location: Bayside, NY '97X, E-tec 115 Pontoon, The "Ollie Gray" & '01 Chevy Tahoe W/ Tow Pkg; AL 2X Trlr.

Post by Gazmn »

You know what this tells me??

Keep my Mac 8) !

Thanks Rog & Thanks Heath - My contribution is coming for 2019 :wink:
vizwhiz
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26S

Post by vizwhiz »

Hey Arbee, over on the facebook page someone was selling a blue mac in oz... not sure if it is still available.
Arbee

Post by Arbee »

vizwhiz wrote:Hey Arbee, over on the facebook page someone was selling a blue mac in oz... not sure if it is still available.
Thanks for the heads up, I checked but not sure which FB page you're referring to, there are a few Mac FB accounts.

Anyway, a very happy new year to you all!

Cheers, Robert