Hello from San Diego

A forum for discussing topics relating to MacGregor Powersailor Sailboats
Bobsquatch
Deckhand
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X

Hello from San Diego

Post by Bobsquatch »

Great site. Happy to be here as a new 2002 :macx: owner. Thank you all for the information that led me to this wonderful boat. I have owned at least one boat my entire life. One bigger, the rest smaller and only one other sailboat. I am learning fast and having fun. Thank you again for the past and future information.
Jimmyt
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Re: Hello from San Diego

Post by Jimmyt »

Welcome aboard! Congratulations on your purchase.
dlandersson
Admiral

Post by dlandersson »

Congrats. FYI, the newist owner has to buy the pizza. We like extra cheese. :P
Bobsquatch wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:33 pm Great site. Happy to be here as a new 2002 :macx: owner. Thank you all for the information that led me to this wonderful boat. I have owned at least one boat my entire life. One bigger, the rest smaller and only one other sailboat. I am learning fast and having fun. Thank you again for the past and future information.
Bobsquatch
Deckhand

Post by Bobsquatch »

I'm from the west coast. ain't no pizza here. Now you wanna go Mexican we're in business. Or seafood with my new collection apparatus. 8)
bobflshmn
First Officer

Post by bobflshmn »

Hey Bob
Bob here as well. Where do you keep your boat? I have an X in a slip at Harbor Island West for the season.
Kiko's Seafood truck on Friars Rd is the best seafood anywhere! Easier than fishin!
DaveC426913
Admiral

Post by DaveC426913 »

Bobsquatch wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:33 pm I have owned at least one boat my entire life.
Your entire life? :)

Welcome from T'rannah Canada.
Bobsquatch
Deckhand

Post by Bobsquatch »

bobflshmn wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:58 am Hey Bob
Bob here as well. Where do you keep your boat? I have an X in a slip at Harbor Island West for the season.
Kiko's Seafood truck on Friars Rd is the best seafood anywhere! Easier than fishin!
I'm slipped in mission bay. I've heard that about a seafood truck in mission valley but have yet to find it.

That makes 3 Bob's. I bought this boat from Bobby T.
Bobsquatch
Deckhand

Post by Bobsquatch »

DaveC426913 wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:22 pm
Bobsquatch wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:33 pm I have owned at least one boat my entire life.
Your entire life? :)

Welcome from T'rannah Canada.

I still own the Ducks Unlimited duck boat my father owned since before I was born. I still use it occasionally, neat boat. It was the first boat I could take out alone as soon as I could start it myself. Around 8yrs old. My older sisters hogged the ski boat with electric start so I had to learn to start the 25HP Mercury outboard reliably. Lots of fishing and pellet gun hunting on my own in Mexico. I loved it.
Bobsquatch
Deckhand

Post by Bobsquatch »

Went on a fairly long trip last Sunday. Mission Bay to Glorietta Bay in Coronado and back. Mostly motored due to time constraints and wanting to test my range. Used a little more fuel than I thought but close. I wimped out and bought fuel (unnecessarily) just to be sure. It was fairly rough with a following sea so I figured I would be pounding on the way back. It mellowed out so I could hit 19-20mph comfortably on the way back vs 14-15mph heading out. Anchored off Coronado Golf Course and cleaned the hull. Put up the sails under Coronado Bridge with the intention of sailing back as time allowed but the wind was against me. I tacked along for a bit, then motor sailed, then doused the sails and hit the fuel dock. My mother in law wants to take that route next weekend so I wanted to see what I was in for. :)
dlandersson
Admiral

Post by dlandersson »

:D :D :D
Bobsquatch wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:11 pm I'm from the west coast. ain't no pizza here. Now you wanna go Mexican we're in business. Or seafood with my new collection apparatus. 8)
Newell
First Officer

Post by Newell »

Will be mooring Fast Sunday at Chula Vista Marina beginning November. Come over for the monthly Race Qs race 1 Saturday a month. Sometimes there are 2 Xs. It's a free no committee boat on-line race. :macx: :)
Bobsquatch
Deckhand

Post by Bobsquatch »

Cool, give me the information. Next time the stars align and I have that day free, I will check it out.