Rolling on grass

A forum for discussing issues relating to trailers and towing MacGregor sailboats.

Moderators: Catigale, Paul S, Heath_Mod, beene, Hamin' X, kmclemore, tangentair

Bilgemaster
First Officer
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X
Location: Woodbridge, Virginia--"Breakin' Wind" 2001 26X, Honda BF50A 50hp engine

Re: Rolling on grass

Post by Bilgemaster » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:39 am

That Trailer Valet is only $320 from the manufacturer, which seems awfully reasonable for such a useful bit of kit, especially when compared to what folks are asking for other "marine gear"...I mean, that's just a quarter of the asking price for some cockpit cushion sets I've seen out there. I believe that if I had a fussy dual-axle trailer or a perennial situation where I was reenacting those pyramid construction scenes from The Ten Commandments with lines and pullies and winches and come-alongs and whatever ragged family members and friends I could round up for a good long grunt session every time I needed to park my boat, my thoughts might naturally wander to Lindsay...beautiful, composed, and above all "manuverable" Lindsay...and a resolution to check that site for winter clearance specials.

And no, I am in no way affiliated with Trailer Valet, its affiliates or even the guys who do their lawns. I would, however, welcome the opportunity of rigorously assessing and reviewing their product if they wanted to send me one. Maybe Lindsay could just bring one on over in that pickup.

Catigale
Site Admin
Location: Admiral .............Catigale 2002X.......Lots of Harpoon Hobie 16 Skiffs....Island 17

Post by Catigale » Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:18 am

Herschel wrote:Checked out the video. Definitely worth the pizza with topping of choice! 8) But, I will make one final attempt at the low cost option, however. I have had success using the mast raising block and tackle from the 26X to lift heavy objects. I used it to lift plywood to shutter 2nd story windows during the hurricanes of 2004. I have used it to lift a heavy roll of carpet up into the attic. If you had a tree to attach a line in the general direction of desired travel, there might be enough increased capability with your onboard block and tackle to get the trailer moved into position with helpers pushing, as well. :|

Good think we have this boat, isn't it honey??

She rolls eyes.....

Herschel
Captain

Post by Herschel » Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:54 pm

She rolls eyes.....
My admiral has been incredibly supportive of my getting, and keeping for 12 years, my 26X...and my 1959 O'Day Sprite rehab project...and getting my 3rd inflatable (yes, 3rd; first two bit the dust; don't bother with cheap ones) to use with a sail kit for when we take our travel trailer on a trip, and I just have to sail some. But, the eye roll is not a foreign experience around this house, either, as all of this boating has evolved. We are truly blessed by these good women who love us in spite of our nautical eccentricities. :wink:

NiceAft
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M
Location: Upper Dublin,PA, USA: 2005M 50hp.Honda4strk.,1979 Phantom Sport Sailboat, 9'Achilles 6HP Merc 4strk

Post by NiceAft » Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:55 pm

Herschel,

I had to tell the Admiral that you posted about her. :)
“We are truly blessed by these good women who love us in spite of our nautical eccentricities.”

Ray