Would this work for a Mac

A forum for discussing issues relating to trailers and towing MacGregor sailboats.
Russ
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Would this work for a Mac

Post by Russ »

I stumbled on this video. Looks interesting.

NiceAft
Admiral
Location: Upper Dublin,PA, USA: 2005M 50hp.Honda4strk.,1979 Phantom Sport Sailboat, 9'Achilles 6HP Merc 4strk

Re: Would this work for a Mac

Post by NiceAft »

Interesting Russ, but what does it do? Does it cushion the rubber stop from too hard an impact?

Ray
Russ
Admiral

Post by Russ »

It appears to hook the eyebolt on the bow. Then an electric winch pulls the boat in.

Macs can't pull up all the way to the bow roller/v plate. The "mac bump" is required. But this seems to pull the boat up onto the trailer pretty well.

I admit, I powerload my mac. (I know, I know). But our ramp is VERY long and everyone does it without causing any damage. In the spring when water is low, there is no apparent damage to the end of the ramp.
However, if I couldn't powerload, this kind of system might be valuable.

This system also seems to catch the boat early in the loading process and guide it along the bunks.
kurz
Admiral

Post by kurz »

I do not see a big advantage. As long as you have not too much winds/courend from the side you can float on the trailer with a mac. If the winds are very strong it is impossible as the stands at the back of tr trailer are not strong enough... Whats it for?