Shipping 26M from Central Coast NSW to Malaysia

For MacGregor/Venture owners in Australia and discussions about country-specific sailing-related topics.

Moderator: Moderators

tehtairing
Just Enlisted
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M
Location: Central Coast, NSW, Australia. '06 26M DREAM HORIZON

Shipping 26M from Central Coast NSW to Malaysia

Post by tehtairing » Sun May 05, 2019 5:27 am

Does any one know a reliable and experience shipping company that does shipments from Sydney to Malaysia for a 26M. I am planning to ship my Mac to Malaysia and trying to know what is involve and how much it may cost.

Cheers,

Dream Horizon

sunshinecoasting
First Officer
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X
Location: Sunshine Coast Queensland Australia - "Entropy" Nissan 50 CDI Furling Jib

Re: Shipping 26M from Central Coast NSW to Malaysia

Post by sunshinecoasting » Sun May 19, 2019 4:43 am

These guys did mine, I highly recommend them.

https://www.dazmac.com.au/

tewharaunz
Deckhand
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X

Re: Shipping 26M from Central Coast NSW to Malaysia

Post by tewharaunz » Mon May 27, 2019 9:55 pm

We shipped ours from California to NZ and it was basically the cost of a 40 container shipping, plus packing/unpacking and compliance on both ends (and GST).

So, what you need is a good container loading firm on the AU side, a freight forwarder to source the container, handle the shipping and compliance, and someone in MY to do the unpacking.

Our X was shipped, strapped onto the trailer, with the axles and mudguards removed and three heavy duty steel wheels U-bolted to the bottom of the trailer frame. They just rolled it in, and strapped it down, fore, and aft.

I was there when they unpacked it, and the boat was still on the trailer when they lifted it on jacks, and we rolled the axle back under the trailer and bolted the springs back on.

I was only there on the NZ side for ours but if you could be present for packing and unpacking, that would be ideal.

Cheers, David