Mac embroidered T-shirt

A forum geared more towards feminine thought as it relates to sailing.
Valerie
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Mac embroidered T-shirt

Post by Valerie »

Ladies,

Do any of you have a Janome/New Home embroidery sewing machine?

I have used an old 8000 card of vehicles to embroider a yacht. Worked in the right colours it has an uncanny resemblance to that of a Mac, saggy forestay and all.
I used blue for the hull :wink: and left off the back stay- very effective.

I would post a piccy - but I can't for the life of me work out how-- obviously the picture is not on the net but rather on my own hard drive.
Can someone please enlighten me???

Val
Sea Dreamer
Deckhand
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X

Re: Mac embroidered T-shirt

Post by Sea Dreamer »

Not me. My Mother in law has a fancy sewing machine - don't know what kind, but it seems to do everything. I've just never really had much of an interest in sewing to justify the expense. I go in spurts - get a wild hair for a project, do it - and then not even look at the thing for a couple of years. Now put a book in my hand and it's a whole different story. :D
Valerie
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Post by Valerie »

Clarissa,

I would have to agree with you about the book- I haven't sewn for some time (it took many asks from the Captain for this T-shirt, eventually I'll get around to doing one for myself).
I like Sci-fi/ fantasy either books or DVDs- the Captain and I are Star Trek/ Stargate tragics.
I did read a great Sailing book, written by a female, last year that really got me interested in the notion of living aboard a yacht and sailing the oceans- One day perhaps.

Not keen on taking the Mac out in the Blue water- will certainly coastal hop though.
Perhaps you could start a thread on any good sailing stories or?

Val
Kelly Hanson East
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X
Location: Kelly Hanson Marine........Mac 26M Dealer......Freedom Boat Works

Post by Kelly Hanson East »

Val - you have to drop your picture into one of the public photoalbums (www.photobucket.com is my favourite) and then post a link to it.

If you dont want that hassle, just email me the picture and I can post it here.

EM button is on my profile - looks like an envelope I think.