Tattoo Yachts Website Issues

bhbell
Deckhand
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Re: Tattoo Yachts Website Issues

Post by bhbell »

kmclemore wrote:
bhbell wrote:Internet Explorer 8.0.7601.17514 on MS Windows 7 Pro, SP1, 64-bit is the ONLY one that does not work.
....for you.

As noted, it also doesn't work under IE 8 on XP, 32-bit.
Correct. Of MY 7 test cases, that was the only one that didn't work.
Russ
Admiral

Post by Russ »

Others have the same issue with IE8 and older web browsers with the Wordpress flexslider

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/flex ... ing-in-ie8
http://wordpress.org/support/topic/in-i ... -container

Yours seems to be version 1.0 and I think there is a vers 1.1 available. If you login to the wordpress dashboard and check for plugin updates it may fix it.
If not, like I said, there are plenty of similar slide show plugins that work well with older browsers.

LMSharp
Just Enlisted

Post by LMSharp »

Wow, you guys are the best! I really appreciate the input, and have sent on the suggestions to our web guy.

Tug is a South African Mastiff (Boerboel, actually, but I've given up telling people because they always say "a what?"). We also call him a slobber hound :)
kmclemore
Site Admin
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X
Location: Ambler, PA -- MACX2018A898 w/ Tohatsu 50D -- 78 BW Harpoon 4.6 -- 2018 Tahoe 550TF w/ 150 Merc

Post by kmclemore »

There you are, Laura... you've seen the benefits of the Mac Forum! :D (Albeit, this time in a non-boating way!)

Glad we could all help. :)
Steve K
Captain
Sailboat: MacGregor 26D

Post by Steve K »

Hello Laura, :)

I've been watching the web site.
I've been the proud owner of two Macs...... a 26X and currently a 26 D. Love these boats :wink:
Kind of miss being able to drive down to the factory in an hour......... :( Life goes on however.

I was just wondering if the new Tatoo22 is still in the works and if/when one will be built. I'm looking forward to see it come from the drawing board to reality. The graphics of the concept boat look really great.
Considering I now own a 26D (circa 1989) I'm wondering about how much room is in the smaller boat, by comparison and how much it will weigh (I assume even less than the D boat)
As far as looks go.......... you nailed it :!:

Now, I'm not exactly saying I'm in the market for a new boat at this time. I love the old 26.... and I love a tiller instead of a wheel. But....... that 22 is a pretty good looking boat :wink:

Best Breezes to you and yours,
Steve K.
denove
Sailboat: I'm Shopping

Post by denove »

Hi Laura,
- 64 processor,
- linux - ubuntu 11.4 operating system
- firefox web browser
all togehter works great, can see and read all in your Tatto home web page. Congrats of 50 !!!
fair winds!!
andre
LMSharp
Just Enlisted

Post by LMSharp »

Thanks again for all the website feedback!

The 22 is definitely still in the works. Getting into full production on the 26 has been all consuming but we rolled the covers back on the 22 molds just yesterday to finalize some details. We are doing test panels of the laminates, and hope to layup a hull in the next few weeks. All the tooling is done except for liners, which go together quickly, so we hope to have a prototype soon.

We aren't releasing specs until we have the first boat in the water, but light weight is a priority.
Steve K
Captain
Sailboat: MacGregor 26D

Post by Steve K »

LMSharp wrote:Thanks again for all the website feedback!

The 22 is definitely still in the works. Getting into full production on the 26 has been all consuming but we rolled the covers back on the 22 molds just yesterday to finalize some details. We are doing test panels of the laminates, and hope to layup a hull in the next few weeks. All the tooling is done except for liners, which go together quickly, so we hope to have a prototype soon.

We aren't releasing specs until we have the first boat in the water, but light weight is a priority.

Thanks for the reply Laura :) I imagine you are all very busy and I really appreciate your time.
I'll be excitedly waiting to see the new model.

All the success,
Steve K.
John McDonough
First Officer

Post by John McDonough »

LMSharp wrote:Thanks again for all the website feedback!

The 22 is definitely still in the works.but we rolled the covers back on the 22 molds just yesterday to finalize some details.

So as of today 29 Aug 2017.. If I get serious.. send out a deposit.. put my name on the waiting list.
About how long until I could expect a boat..??

Edit.. Where could be he 1st place I could see a T-22 sitting on its trailer ready to go into the water.
Rumor had it that in 2015 there would be a T-22 at the Annapolis boat show.. I assume that was mis-information
K9Kampers
Admiral

Post by K9Kampers »

John McDonough wrote:... I assume that was mis-information
More like optimism. Upstarts offering (promising) new products / services are overflowing with it! Jus' sayin'...
Bilgemaster
First Officer
Location: Woodbridge, Virginia--"Breakin' Wind" 2001 26X, Honda BF50A 50hp engine

Post by Bilgemaster »

My once formidable HTML-Fu of yore has since grown frail and elderly, but judging from the following webpage source guts it seems your code monkeys did make some efforts to accommodate old "legacy" web browsers like IE8 and even 7:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="http://tattooyachts.com/wp-content/them ... /style.css" type="text/css" media="screen" />
<link rel="pingback" href="http://tattooyachts.com/xmlrpc.php" />

<!--[if lt IE 7]>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://tattooyachts.com/wp-content/them ... 6style.css" />
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://tattooyachts.com/wp-content/them ... "></script>
<script type="text/javascript">DD_belatedPNG.fix('img#logo, span.overlay, a.zoom-icon, a.more-icon, #menu, #menu-right, #menu-content, ul#top-menu ul, #menu-bar, .footer-widget ul li, span.post-overlay, #content-area, .avatar-overlay, .comment-arrow, .testimonials-item-bottom, #quote, #bottom-shadow, #quote .container');</script>
<![endif]-->
<!--[if IE 7]>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://tattooyachts.com/wp-content/them ... 7style.css" />
<![endif]-->
<!--[if IE 8]>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://tattooyachts.com/wp-content/them ... 8style.css" />

<![endif]-->
<!--[if lt IE 9]>
<script src="http://tattooyachts.com/wp-content/them ... s/html5.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<![endif]-->

With that said, there's no telling if that ie8style.css style sheet gently highlighted green in the roster above might still be consistently doing its jerb properly.

Bottom line for Laura is that Dear Ol' Dad, presumably still rockin' some comfy and well worn old XP or maybe Vista rig, really ought to be getting a new computer for Christmas. As you may know, neither Windows XP nor Vista is supported any longer by Microsoft or by many other browser or software vendors. This means no more security or other updates or fixes. Sure, one can tinker and fuss with this and that to try to make an old XP rig relatively safe (or at least safer) to use, but without those security patches and other updates you'll still be basically running around with your pants down around your ankles. While it has already been well established in these forums that this is a rather dashing look for me personally, it's really time for Roger to embrace Windows 10 or maybe a nice Mac.
Last edited by Bilgemaster on Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
BOAT
Admiral

Post by BOAT »

Trying to teach an old dog new tricks is like trying to pass on a boat building operation from one generation to another.

Putting new wine in old wine skins

Although most would understand that 'No one sews a patch of unshrunk cloth on an old garment' it appears that we parents do it all the time.

I can't really blame the Sharps - it was Roger that had already started on the "next boat". Whenever Roger had a boat in production he always had the "next boat" on the drawing board - the 26M was no exception. I read in a magazine article one of his latest interviews and; of course, the magazine asked Roger what would be the "future" of the affordable trailer boat for the masses. This should be expected because by then everyone had acknowledged that Roger was indeed the Guru of the trailer sailboat. The obvious question was: What's the future going to look like?

Rogers answer was all about materials. His contention was that materials was the future. He was not sure what they would be, carbon fiber, molded plastics or hybrid polymers, but he was betting on epoxy. The whole Tattoo thing was built on Rogers idea of an epoxy boat. It's hard to pass on and idea - it's something you need to really believe in to make it work. I think Tattoo should build the boat that THEY believe in, not the boat that Roger envisioned, or not build any boat at all. I know my opinion would not be popular with you folks. I sort of hoped the Tattoo people would bring back the big boats - the MAC65 and the retro technology that is so reliable and makes for really more comfortable trans ocean cruising than these wide and bumpy and temperamental flimsy J class barges we see parked in all the high end marinas now. What they sell us now in the high end is rough and uncomfortable out at sea (that's why everyone keeps their new Beneteau parked in the slip, it's too uncomfortable at sea). We need a BIG yacht designed to SAIL! The Sharps have a LOT of experience in that area.

It's like water ballast - if you really believe in it, you will work hard and make it work. Any new innovation needs a true believer to come to fruition. Walt Disney went into bankruptcy to start his animation business, he let nothing stop him. Ray Krok mortgaged his house and lost his wife to get MacDonald's franchise off the ground. When things get bad, only a true believer will risk everything and 'Make It Work'. When everyone else would have given up, the true believers keep going.

If Roger was a young man with time to re-learn all the new technology and time to keep going I'm sure the 'epoxy 22' would have made it to market, but that's a really hard boat to start with to try to start a boat company. Good Lord, why start with the most expensive labor intensive materials you can to build the first boat? Without epoxy the 22 is just too heavy to be any better or faster than the usual Potter or Aquarius 21. Not really stellar boats - you need that new material to make that work. If the Sharps truly belive in the boat shown on that website then by all means proceed, but if not, pull it down. Get rid of the web site.

I would not expect the T22 to appear in our lifetimes in the form that was presented on that website - that website really has to go.

My opinion will make a lot of people mad, I know - but I got to level with you guys - we all know a lot about cabin sailboats boats under 23 feet and we all know their biggest problems: they tend to be heavy for their size. You can get a good hull shape under 23 feet but try to add in a cabin, head, galley, berths, and accommodations and pretty soon your fast hull is sinking under it's own weight. Remember, a galley, 6 foot berth or a head is the same weight be it a 22 foot boat or a 26 foot boat. Without the weight advantage of epoxy, I can't see the T22 ever taking off. (I am not a true believer). :(
RGF
Engineer

Post by RGF »

All very intelligent and knowledgeable thoughts, BOAT! You know the Mac past better than most. Even though I agree with most of what you say, I will diligently checking tomorrow to see if you will still be allowed to post here tomorrow.... :D :wink: :|
BOAT
Admiral

Post by BOAT »

RGF wrote:All very intelligent and knowledgeable thoughts, BOAT! You know the Mac past better than most. Even though I agree with most of what you say, I will diligently checking tomorrow to see if you will still be allowed to post here tomorrow.... :D :wink: :|
Yeah, me too. Well, I've been kicked out of better places than this before - so I'm sort of used to it.
kadet
Admiral
Location: Brisbane, Australia. 2008M "Wicked Wave" Yamaha T60

Post by kadet »

Well if you kept up with modern computer stuff like facebook you all would know that it has taken the Sharps 2 years to secure a factory to make the 22 in. It took them way longer than they thought it would, but as of 30 June this year they have bought premises at St Lucie County Florida and are setting up to start production again, they don't have a date but as soon as possible.

Also what secret modern material is needed for the 22 to make it light :?:

The prototype is just foam cored sandwich very light very strong and has been used for years in fast light boat production like Farrier Trimarans and most stink boats. :idea:

I think the biggest issue with the :tat22: is it is one ugly duckling and could do with a facelift 8)
Last edited by kadet on Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.