Ontario Sailors Rendezvous 2012

Use this forum to announce, plan, and discuss events, cruises, regattas, shows, sailing destinations, events your club is planning, etc.

Moderators: Catigale, Paul S, Heath_Mod, beene, Hamin' X, kmclemore, tangentair

Crikey
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M
Location: Washago, Muskoka, Ontario, Canada, Earth, Singularity.Suzuki DF60A. Boat name: Crikey!

Re: Annual Mad Men of Ontario rendezvous III

Post by Crikey » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:39 pm

We're gonna try! Totally snafu'ed with our never-ending open-house sessions but, weather permitting, we'll attempt our first lake crossing on the Friday, for an overnighter and then a return on Saturday evening. Too unpredictable to pre-book a berth, so will hope for the guest dock if on a wing, and a prayer. Any such thing as stern-end rafting?
John, I'll bring some Stony Creek blend for you to sample. Quebec1, maybe I'll run into a bale on the way across, and boat-hook it!
Ross & Gabe :)

Diver70
Just Enlisted
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X

Post by Diver70 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:22 pm

Hi, I would like to join you guys on Saturday, but I work until 3pm and my boat is in Bronte Marina. Please let me know where can I find you in the afternoon around 5pm?

Thanks, and see you there.
Bernard

Highlander
Admiral
Location: Maccutter26M 2008 75HP Merc. 4/S Victoria BC. Can. ' An Hileanto'ir III '

Post by Highlander » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:34 am

Diver70 wrote:Hi, I would like to join you guys on Saturday, but I work until 3pm and my boat is in Bronte Marina. Please let me know where can I find you in the afternoon around 5pm?

Thanks, and see you there.
Bernard
Hi Bernard
Well hopefully they'll be enough Mac's around "Flotila" U will not have any problem finding us all LOL , I will pm u my cell # so as u can either text or call me say around the time u r leaving ur marina also maybe some of the other guy's will chip in their # just incase I do not hear ur call LOL

Welcome aboard J 8)

Crikey
Admiral
Location: Washago, Muskoka, Ontario, Canada, Earth, Singularity.Suzuki DF60A. Boat name: Crikey!

Post by Crikey » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:52 pm

John, I've pm'd my number to you just now. Let me know if that worked. I'm waiting for some feedback from the marina, as to berth or guest dock availabilities because I can't pin down the weather window with any exactitude yet. Somehow.....
I say, anyone that arrives boatless has to put up the first 'shout'!
:P

Highlander
Admiral
Location: Maccutter26M 2008 75HP Merc. 4/S Victoria BC. Can. ' An Hileanto'ir III '

Post by Highlander » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:41 am

Crikey wrote:John, I've pm'd my number to you just now. Let me know if that worked. I'm waiting for some feedback from the marina, as to berth or guest dock availabilities because I can't pin down the weather window with any exactitude yet. Somehow.....
Hi Ross
Yes got ur #'s & sent u mine

J 8)
working on the boat trying to finnish off some mods before fri launch

Highlander
Admiral

Post by Highlander » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:10 am

Crikey wrote:John, I've pm'd my number to you just now. Let me know if that worked. I'm waiting for some feedback from the marina, as to berth or guest dock availabilities because I can't pin down the weather window with any exactitude yet. Somehow.....
Be nice now I had to go boatless last year as I had only the afternoon & evening avail for the event as I had to move my daughter in TO the next two days, so I crewed on Geoff's "Beene" boat that afternooon then in the evening we all went & watched the street busker's I beleive thats what they call them perform their stuff & pub cralwing with a nice dinner in between

I will be looking for some skilled crew would like to try flying 4 head sails weather permiting even if its just for a photo opp. to post on here later :P

So if some of you's would like to come down but only have one day avail u'd still be wecome boatless & all

J 8)

beene
Site Admin

Post by beene » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:51 pm

J

You should give Alex a call and see if he wants to join you

G

SandL

Post by SandL » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:35 pm

We are new MacGregor sailors and would like to meet up with your group in Port Credit next weekend! Can you pls forward some details on where you will be docked etc., as well as any events planned? Thanks! :D

beene
Site Admin

Post by beene » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:44 am

SandL wrote:We are new MacGregor sailors and would like to meet up with your group in Port Credit next weekend! Can you pls forward some details on where you will be docked etc., as well as any events planned? Thanks! :D

All r welcome
Look back to page 1 of this post for info
Credit Village Marina
Slips 16 through 19 + depending on who shows up

See u there

G

Crikey
Admiral

Post by Crikey » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:47 am

The weather looks perfect for next week - so far! :)

We'll probably get there by thursday, at the latest. I've e-mailed the marina for information about berth or guest availability, but have had no reply as of yet. Was going to hold off for a phone call to them, till tuesday.
Beene, do you mean to say if we came a little early we could scoop up one of these? I'm still ok with some other spot otherwise. Might help in getting a little sleep at night, away from all the rowdy's.
:D
Ross

Catigale
Site Admin
Location: Admiral .............Catigale 2002X.......Lots of Harpoon Hobie 16 Skiffs....Island 17

Post by Catigale » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:15 pm

I had hoped to make this one but have burned three weeks vacation this summer on Cape Cod....my employer might take a dim view of me overdrawing my Vacation time....

HAVE FUN AND BE SAFE!!

:(

Highlander
Admiral

Post by Highlander » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:57 pm

Its a three day event come over on Sat I'll let U controll one set of my 4 sets of sheet lines ur choice staysil, genny , jib, stormsil :D :P

J 8)

StarSpun
Engineer

Post by StarSpun » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:53 pm

I can't wait for the weekend:-) We're totally in!
I did try and email the marina a couple of times but received no response. I guess I should probably call and book ASAP.

If anyone is coming early and in the Toronto Harbour area, hit me up....! We are docked at Toronto Island Marina, and we're usually out sailing (almost everyday!) around 2pm....after that you can find us anchored at Hanlans....

Cheers!
:)

Crikey
Admiral

Post by Crikey » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:37 pm

We're there by Thursday. Here the fax-type-form for reservation (they don't do e-mail attachments?) :

Call call Robyn @ 905 615 4880 for reservations . Once confirmed , please fill in attached reservation form and fax to 905 615 4881.

We have to carry on the 'transfer the old model' electronic mosquito swatter tradition. Hope to see you in PC. Great pubs!
Ross And Gabe :)

StarSpun
Engineer

Post by StarSpun » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:41 pm

Crikey, thanks for the info. Will get on that tomorrow:-)
WOOT!