Interesting

Use this forum to announce, plan, and discuss events, cruises, regattas, shows, sailing destinations, events your club is planning, etc.
Herm. Beeck
Deckhand

Interesting

Post by Herm. Beeck »

Found this old web page of a macgregor 26 cruising from california to costa rica and further south.
http://members.tripod.com/~lbucko/
kmclemore
Site Admin
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X
Location: Ambler, PA -- MACX2018A898 w/ Tohatsu 50D -- 78 BW Harpoon 4.6 -- 2018 Tahoe 550TF w/ 150 Merc

Post by kmclemore »

I could have done without viewing that front-page image. :o

That's gonna leave a mark on my brain. :|

(And besides, I'll bet he could have done with a smaller leaf, too... seems he's bragging just a wee bit if you ask me.) :wink:
dclark
First Officer
Location: Dave Clark - Orange County, CA - 2000 26X Day Tripper

Post by dclark »

Well I guess you have to have some pretty big ones to leave Santa Barbara in an X and not stop until you hit Costa Rica!
Idle Time
First Officer

Post by Idle Time »

I love it!!!
southwind
Just Enlisted

Post by southwind »

He did this in a 26' classic. This is fantastic. My wife and I are sending our 26X (or 26M) to England in a few years to sail the canals there and in Europe. After a year of the canals we may come back and do the Caribean.
Tom Root
Captain
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X
Location: Annville, PA. s/v-Great White, MacX4787A202,'09 Suzuki DF-50

Post by Tom Root »

I truly have to give this skipper credit! Look at his resume', it is impressive! As we owners of Macgregors' finest engineering feat know, the boat is not perfect for all conditions or sailor's for that matter, but my opinion is that it IS the perfect boat for me!

If you didn't read this page, it's worth checking out, as are ALL his pages, but in particular, his heading of ,'Unsafe in any sea' where he penned (Ok,typed!)some insightful, and wise thoughts.

http://members.tripod.com/~lbucko/index-4.html

I really never even see where other boats have compared, they are attempting, but still do not come close to value or sensability!

Yea, I'm hooked on Macs :!: