Ontario Sailors Rendezvous 2015

Use this forum to announce, plan, and discuss events, cruises, regattas, shows, sailing destinations, events your club is planning, etc.

Moderators: Catigale, Paul S, Heath_Mod, beene, Hamin' X, kmclemore, tangentair

beene
Site Admin
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M

Ontario Sailors Rendezvous 2015

Post by beene » Wed May 06, 2015 7:26 am

Its that time again!

Video https://youtu.be/37lFtUuGQKQ

Dates for the annual Macgregor Sailor Meet up are:

July 20-27 2015

Credit Village Marina http://www.mississauga.ca/portal/discov ... ditvillage

You need to fill out the form found on that site that says "Credit Village Visitor Request Form" ASAP!

Make sure when you fill out the form you put down that your Mac is 25'10", not a 26 foot boat as that is only the model number.

I was there today, May 26th, and there are plenty of slips available for our Mac Meet, but they will go fast as the summer heats up.

All are welcome

Send me an email if interested

Fair winds

G

dreamer
First Officer

Re: MMOR Ontario Canada Mac Meet

Post by dreamer » Wed May 06, 2015 8:31 am

Awesome time last year. A great venue for the Mad Men!

gabid
Engineer
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X

Post by gabid » Wed May 06, 2015 9:11 am

Never came before because of poor trailer condition. I am planning to come this year, cannot commit yet for which days.

kasmith21
Chief Steward

Post by kasmith21 » Wed May 06, 2015 1:52 pm

Im planning on being there this year...may come up the week before and leave the boat there for a couple of weeks if all works out. It was good fun last year!!
Thanks
Kasmith21 (kevin)

NiceAft
Admiral
Location: Upper Dublin,PA, USA: 2005M 50hp.Honda4strk.,1979 Phantom Sport Sailboat, 9'Achilles 6HP Merc 4strk

Post by NiceAft » Wed May 06, 2015 8:08 pm

Geoff,

If all goes well, I will be retired January 1, 2016. The Admiral and I will be doing our best to be there July of 2016 :)

Keep it going 8)

Ray

K9Kampers
Admiral

Post by K9Kampers » Wed May 06, 2015 8:19 pm

Sounds great! Really want to make an "international event, What are the requirements (or link to) for attending frum US ?
Last edited by K9Kampers on Thu May 07, 2015 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Highlander
Admiral
Location: Maccutter26M 2008 75HP Merc. 4/S Victoria BC. Can. ' An Hileanto'ir III '

Post by Highlander » Thu May 07, 2015 12:21 am

Well I can only make plans for 24-26th this yr very busy schedule unless things & plans move along faster than expected & I,m retired by then :wink:

J 8)

Tomfoolery
Admiral

Post by Tomfoolery » Fri May 08, 2015 9:56 am

I'm in! Maybe not the whole duration, but I've penciled it in anyway. I just have to agree to let a house sitter in, to take care of our aging lab (no more kennels, says the admiral). :?

Tomfoolery
Admiral

Post by Tomfoolery » Fri May 08, 2015 10:48 am

K9Kampers wrote:Sounds great! Really want to make an "international event, What are the requirements (or link to) for attending frum US ?
Passport to cross the border, and Porta-Potties are not permitted in Canadian Lake Ontario waters, but I don't know if that applies for Lake Simcoe. I replaced my leaking original PP with one that was configured for pump-out, ran the pump-out and vent lines to the deck, and nobody has used it. And I like it like that. :D

When trailering, use the truck/bus lanes at the border crossing with the taller radiation detectors (coming back into the US only, I believe). And if the Canadian authorities ask you if you have any 'bar stock' on the boat, they don't mean lengths of metal rounds and rectangles. He really caught me off guard with that one. Why are they asking me about raw materials? In my world, for the last 30+ years, bar stock is metal. They meant booze. :P The admiral had to bypass my vapor-locked self by answering the question for me. :D I guess there's potential issues with importing booze.

But other than the traffic, it was painless, and well worth the trip. See what you can find out about the best location, day, and time for border crossings. I don't remember which one I used the last time (I think it was Niagara Falls), but I'm not using that one again. :| Presumably, you'll cross at the other end of the Lake, so no help there from me.

Hoping to see you there. It was a great time (two years ago), and I'm looking forward to it again, this time on Lake Simcoe.* :wink: 8)

*The big fight scene at the end of the movie 'Four Brothers' was shot on a frozen Lake Simcoe, though I think it was supposed to be Lake Erie or Lake St. Clair, just outside Detroit.

beene
Site Admin

Post by beene » Fri May 08, 2015 10:29 pm

NiceAft wrote:Geoff,

If all goes well, I will be retired January 1, 2016. The Admiral and I will be doing our best to be there July of 2016 :)

Keep it going 8)

Ray
Will see you then Ray

Can't wait 8)

G

beene
Site Admin

Post by beene » Fri May 08, 2015 10:32 pm

Tomfoolery wrote:I'm in! Maybe not the whole duration, but I've penciled it in anyway. I just have to agree to let a house sitter in, to take care of our aging lab (no more kennels, says the admiral). :?
Looking forward to seeing you again Tom

You will love this location..
Boat, Tow beast, BBQ, Campfire, Restaurant on the water, Beach, Pool, Hot tub, All right there and handy as all get up...

24hr Groc store 7 min
Beer etc store 5 min

I love having the boat slipped and the tow beast 20 feet away.
Super convenient

G

beene
Site Admin

Post by beene » Fri May 08, 2015 10:33 pm

Tomfoolery wrote:
K9Kampers wrote:Sounds great! Really want to make an "international event, What are the requirements (or link to) for attending frum US ?
Passport to cross the border, and Porta-Potties are not permitted in Canadian Lake Ontario waters, but I don't know if that applies for Lake Simcoe. I replaced my leaking original PP with one that was configured for pump-out, ran the pump-out and vent lines to the deck, and nobody has used it. And I like it like that. :D

When trailering, use the truck/bus lanes at the border crossing with the taller radiation detectors (coming back into the US only, I believe). And if the Canadian authorities ask you if you have any 'bar stock' on the boat, they don't mean lengths of metal rounds and rectangles. He really caught me off guard with that one. Why are they asking me about raw materials? In my world, for the last 30+ years, bar stock is metal. They meant booze. :P The admiral had to bypass my vapor-locked self by answering the question for me. :D I guess there's potential issues with importing booze.

But other than the traffic, it was painless, and well worth the trip. See what you can find out about the best location, day, and time for border crossings. I don't remember which one I used the last time (I think it was Niagara Falls), but I'm not using that one again. :| Presumably, you'll cross at the other end of the Lake, so no help there from me.

Hoping to see you there. It was a great time (two years ago), and I'm looking forward to it again, this time on Lake Simcoe.* :wink: 8)

*The big fight scene at the end of the movie 'Four Brothers' was shot on a frozen Lake Simcoe, though I think it was supposed to be Lake Erie or Lake St. Clair, just outside Detroit.
Thanks for that info Tom

G

beene
Site Admin

Post by beene » Fri May 08, 2015 10:36 pm

For more info about this event
Follow this link to see pics and info from last years event...

http://www.macgregorsailors.com/forum/v ... 2&start=75

G

Chinook
Admiral

Post by Chinook » Sat May 09, 2015 1:37 am

I scrolled through some of the posts on the rendezvous, and it looks like a fun time. We're getting closer to the start date (August 22) on our Great Loop cruise. We'll be starting on Lake Michigan and heading south, counterclockwise on the loop. Looking ahead, if all goes well, our itinerary would put us starting on the Trent-Severn around mid July, 2016. We might be just a bit late to drop in, but one never knows. When that time rolls around, I'll keep my eye on posts regarding next year's event.