Access to The Pub

News and announcements about the MacGregorSailors.com website and related topics.

Moderator: Heath_Mod

Heath
Site Admin
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X

Access to The Pub

Post by Heath » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:47 am

Hello Everybody,

Recently we've had a flood of political posts in the Pub that have been threatening to overwhelm the sailing-related forums on this website. A problem with this is that if you click on the "View New Posts" link, you will mostly see a bunch of political posts, and hardly anything about sailing. To remedy this, I've made The Pub visible only to those who choose to join the "Pub Patrons" group. If you are not in the Pub Patrons group, the View New Posts link will not show you any posts from The Pub.

To see your usergroup memberships, click on the "User Control Panel" link near the top of the page, and then click on the "Usergroups" tab. On this page you can elect which groups you wish to join. You can change your group memberships at any time.

Membership to "The Pub" is freely available to anybody who wishes to see the posts there. I will also be making a separate membership group for the "Back Room" of the pub, so that you can choose to view or to participate in any of the discussions there. I'll continue to tweak things and to make changes as I iron out the best way to implement these features. In the meantime I apologize for the confusion that these changes may cause.

Heath