New Cat equivalent to the Mac

A forum for discussion of how to rig and tune your boat or kicker to achieve the best sailing performance.

Moderators: kmclemore, beene, NiceAft, Catigale, Hamin' X

beechkingd
Chief Steward
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X

Re: New Cat equivalent to the Mac

Post by beechkingd » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:06 am

I'm sure you can walk on the hardtop to get to the boom if needed.

PSNA
Chief Steward
Sailboat: Other

Post by PSNA » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:28 am

Let's see.

20 knots of breeze and large swells.

What could go wrong?

Highlander
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M
Location: Maccutter26M 2008 75HP Merc. 4/S Victoria BC. Can. ' An Hileanto'ir III '

Post by Highlander » Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:33 pm

NiceAft wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:52 pm
OverEasy wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:44 pm
Yeah, one could do it like Rodger did….but each side only had a tight single berth inside the hull from what I recall reading.

The Mac26XX would actually allow one to have a dual galley, lounge, head, accommodations, cockpits, Engines and sail set! 8) 8)

It would add the center section for extra recreation space as well as the forward deck section for dolphin watching.

It would put the usable space on par with some pretty nice cruising catamarans for a fraction of the cost with some real performance improvement both while sailing or when motoring! :D :D

Twin sail sets and twin 50+hp engines!!!

Just thinking 🤔…..

Best Regards,
Over Easy 😎😎🐩🐈
I think you have too much time on your hands. :D :D
Common Ray ,
Just think a twin hulled 26M with 8 head sails on furlers :P

I can visualize it right now but with a bridge clearance height over 46ft for the mast it restricts it to go a lot of places like inner harbours with non raisable bridges but would b a great coastal cruiser for coastal & great lakes cruising , would b nice to charter one for about 10 - 14 days just to try it out , one thing I,d change the micowave out for a convection toaster oven I have one that can cook a 9# turkey that would fit in there I,m sure & get rid of the fridge & use my two 12v/110v portable units instead use the 20ltr unit in freezer mode & 40ltr unit in fridge mode with more options to switch into either mode or as fridge/freezers dual mode , present option is ok for day sailing or dock queens . would like tosee sailing with the spinnaker :)

J 8)

Highlander
Admiral
Location: Maccutter26M 2008 75HP Merc. 4/S Victoria BC. Can. ' An Hileanto'ir III '

Post by Highlander » Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:35 pm

Highlander wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:33 pm
NiceAft wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:52 pm
OverEasy wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:44 pm
Yeah, one could do it like Rodger did….but each side only had a tight single berth inside the hull from what I recall reading.

The Mac26XX would actually allow one to have a dual galley, lounge, head, accommodations, cockpits, Engines and sail set! 8) 8)

It would add the center section for extra recreation space as well as the forward deck section for dolphin watching.

It would put the usable space on par with some pretty nice cruising catamarans for a fraction of the cost with some real performance improvement both while sailing or when motoring! :D :D

Twin sail sets and twin 50+hp engines!!!

Just thinking 🤔…..

Best Regards,
Over Easy 😎😎🐩🐈
I think you have too much time on your hands. :D :D
Common Ray ,
Just think a twin hulled 26M with 8 head sails on furlers :P

I can visualize it right now but with a bridge clearance height over 46ft for the mast it restricts it to go a lot of places like inner harbours with non raisable bridges but would b a great coastal cruiser for coastal & great lakes cruising , would b nice to charter one for about 10 - 14 days just to try it out , one thing I,d change the micowave out for a convection toaster oven I have one that can cook a 9# turkey that would fit in there I,m sure & get rid of the fridge & use my two 12v/110v portable units instead use the 20ltr unit in freezer mode & 40ltr unit in fridge mode with more options to switch into either mode or as fridge/freezers dual mode , present option is ok for day sailing or dock queens . would like to see it sailing with the spinnaker :)

J 8)

NiceAft
Admiral
Location: Upper Dublin,PA, USA: 2005M 50hp.Honda4strk.,1979 Phantom Sport Sailboat, 9'Achilles 6HP Merc 4strk

Post by NiceAft » Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:41 pm

John,

Once wasn’t enough :?:

You were so enthralled with what you said, that you needed to read it twice; and quote yourself at that :?: :evil: :D :D
Ray ~~_/)~~