Profurl Spinnaker Furler 0.9

A forum for discussion of how to rig and tune your boat or kicker to achieve the best sailing performance.
Highlander
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M
Location: Maccutter26M 2008 75HP Merc. 4/S Victoria BC. Can. ' An Hileanto'ir III '

Profurl Spinnaker Furler 0.9

Post by Highlander »

Here's my newest furler got it for a great price @ the TO Boat show , just picked it up yesterday

Can't wait to try this sucker out :)

J 8)
kevinnem
First Officer
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X

Re: Profurl Spinnaker Furler 0.9

Post by kevinnem »

How much does something like that cost?
Highlander
Admiral
Location: Maccutter26M 2008 75HP Merc. 4/S Victoria BC. Can. ' An Hileanto'ir III '

Post by Highlander »

kevinnem wrote:How much does something like that cost?
The complete assembly retails for about 2300$ , but i'm sure u will pick one up a lot cheaper than that as I did :) , the cheapest I've seen was 860$ & that was for just the spool & top swivel all the rest of the necc. parts to complete the assembly was all extra charge so be careful of that con , you will get a much better deal if u buy a complete partaily assembled unit kit as I did , then u step ur mast & follow the instructions to custom fit for ur boat by urself :wink:

J 8)
Highlander
Admiral

Post by Highlander »

Well finally found the time to finish off this install :) had a lot of issues going on since last yr :(
anyway with the weather this yr I will most likely not get to try it out until next yr :(
I had shot another vid but unfortunately i did not notice the camera was on reverse & was shooting my gut LOL :o oh well hope to get some pics on the water next yr
http://vid844.photobucket.com/albums/ab ... d1a84d.mp4

J 8)
Dirko
Deckhand
Location: Spruce Grove, AB. ...2008 26M..Nissan 70... Sail on Lake Wabamun

Post by Dirko »

Nice setup!

So if I have it right farthest on the bowsprit is the assymetrical spinnaker. Often gennakers have the sheets run around the outside of the jib or furler so I assume the setup works well gybing. Do I have it right?
Closest to the mast - storm jib? Sheets should be ok.
Next are jib and genoa? I recall you recommending running the genny about 3' out from the bow on a bow sprit. Do you do or have anything special to make it easier to bring the sail across while tacking?

(I was having troubles watching photobucket videos on my tablet so I might've missed the sails in action - got it working now).

Cheers,
Craig
BOAT
Admiral

Post by BOAT »

That thing is pretty serious looking. (Looks Expensive)
Highlander
Admiral

Post by Highlander »

BOAT wrote:That thing is pretty serious looking. (Looks Expensive)
Yes they r suggested retail for complete optional package is$2700.00. I pd $1640.00.
U can buy the spool & top swivel on the net for around $850.00 but by the time u buy the rest of the options it will cost u more , options include furling foil rope , top & bottom connectors , continuous furling line & block , adj. cockpit furling connector , & the 1 1/2" splined od black balls which I guess r to let the sail breath & dry out while furled my kit came with a big bag of them u fill the foil line with them & once u have ur correct foil line length u have to remove in my case it was 10 I think this then allows for it to be coiled for bag storage .
I guess if u had a code zero with a fixed attached forestay some do then u would only need the top swivel & spool & if u knew how to make ur own continuous line & add ur own block & connectors that would be fine

John 8)
PS they have come down in price W/M has them for $1120.00 US but not sure what options they come with @ that price if any !
Highlander
Admiral

Post by Highlander »

Craig
If u want to tack the drifter u have to run the lazy sheet in front of the furler then pull the lazy sheet around while tacking or run the lazy sheet behind the furler & then furl the drifter while tacking then unfurl :) which ever u r more comfortable with

J 8)
Highlander
Admiral

Post by Highlander »

FYI
This is a top down furler

J 8)